Quantcast

Building Plans....

Freeinwnc

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
I've just been blessed with tons of treated and non-treated wood! (As I was walking back to my dorm today I noticed piles of wood sitting next to the burn pile....so I asked the grounds keeper about it....and he said I could take it all!) I have no idea why they were planning on burning treated wood but I asked no questions when he said I could have it all! Its definitely plenty to build several features to a trail, but as of right now.....i have nowhere to build. I would be more than happy to donate/give the wood to someone around the Asheville area, who has some land they would like to build on....or add to....as long of course i can help build and ride......let me know! I'll try to get some pictures of the piles so ya'll can get an idea of the quality and quantity.....

Nc Bo

Chimp
Feb 16, 2007
Bend OR/Asheville NC
Kick ass man! I hope you can find somewhere to build stunts!
I will be back in Asheville this coming weekend... and would love to help you. Talk to Marty the chica that owns Pro bikes she might want some of the wood for the Freeride course at the Mountain Sports Festival... keep searchin' ... Bo

conair-mtb

Chimp
Oct 22, 2005
Eastern NC
I've been gettin' free wood from a home builder I know. It's coming from there "trash" piles in front of the new homes they are building. It's a great source if you're short on cash and most of the time (if you ask them) they are glad to let you take it...cost less for them to remove it.

Freeinwnc

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
So....i'm kinda needing to get this wood off of the school campus, and i've finally found a friends truck to use to haul it.....when is the next Alexander Park work day??

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So....i'm kinda needing to get this wood off of the school campus, and i've finally found a friends truck to use to haul it.....when is the next Alexander Park work day??
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pisgah_SORBA/
or www.pisgahareasorba.org

Click on the CALENDER link in the blue box on the left side column. Work days for Alexander park are listed there.

If you'll register for that group, you'll know every time. In one topic it lists the lead for the trail re-routes out there.

Hope that helps.
butch