Quantcast

Building up my New Norco Team DH

J

J5ive

Hi all!

My first post here- So be nice :)

Ok, I've got a team dh frame and fork kit on order over here in Australia, Just wondering what you guys thing of the build kit?

Frame: Norco team DH
Shock: 5th
Fork: 888r
Headset: king stealset
Brakes: Hayes Mags
Cranks: Saint
Guide: e13
Hubs: Hadley rear, Aireal front
Rims: Sun MTX or mag 30s?
Derail: Durace 10
Shifter: sram x9
Bars: Protapers?
Stem: Intergrated?
Pedals: Specialized Magnesium
Tyres: Minion/High roller
Seat: SDG granprix
Seat post: Dependant of size I guess

Anyways? What do you guys think? I want it to be light! Anywhere I can save weight without losing strength off this list? Anything you'd change?

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by J5ive
Hi all!

My first post here- So be nice :)

Ok, I've got a team dh frame and fork kit on order over here in Australia, Just wondering what you guys thing of the build kit?

Frame: Norco team DH
Shock: 5th
Fork: 888r
Headset: king stealset
Brakes: Hayes Mags
Cranks: Saint
Guide: e13
Hubs: Hadley rear, Aireal front
Rims: Sun MTX or mag 30s?
Derail: Durace 10
Shifter: sram x9
Bars: Protapers?
Stem: Intergrated?
Pedals: Specialized Magnesium
Tyres: Minion/High roller
Seat: SDG granprix
Seat post: Dependant of size I guess

Anyways? What do you guys think? I want it to be light! Anywhere I can save weight without losing strength off this list? Anything you'd change?
Light? Lose the steel set, get a regular King. Plenty strong and light to boot. DON'T get the Mag 30's, one of the heaviest rims available. Get MTX's or Mavic 729/721's. Definitely get the Protapers, best bar you can buy for strength to weight ratio. Integrated stem is easy to setup and improves steering imput, I'd use it. Get something nicer in the pedal department, Eastons or Atomlabs - you'll appreciate them in the long run. Seatpost: THOMPSON, always get a THOMPSON. Its silly to buy anything else.

Good luck! Should be a sweet rig!

Welcome to the :monkey:

J

J5ive

Cool.

I've had the Mag30s before and found them great, and they didnt actually fell too heavy? Nothing compaired to a doubletrack. But yeah MTX's are looking good.

As for the pedals. I'll have to think about it. Oh and the king headset comes with the bike so probably will just keep it in.

Thanks for the reply

J

J5ive

I said double tracks. But yeah I know what you mean!

I've been riding this- And I just don;t my bike to end up feeling like it. Not that its a bad bike- its just a tank! I want nimble. How do you think the norco will be?

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Just out of interest, what inspired you to go the frame+buildup option instead of buying the bike complete? Is it even available complete in .au though?

I'd like to see an X.9 Derailleur on it, as well as Hope brakes, but that's me being a brandwhore.

J

J5ive

Hoy Rik. Didnt see you here.

Umm- I had a full bike ordered. But I missed out. 40 were sold in aus complete I believe.

I only just got a frame fork kit too- Should be in this week (but I've been hearing that forever!).

I already have the brakes, so no hopes- as much as I'd like them- hayes do the job.

As for the XO- too much $ and not enough reason :) I might even just go 105 or something, cant see the point really.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
those sram shifters dont work with shimano derails...so get yourself a shimano shifter...or a sram rear derail...