Quantcast

Bullit: Advice

JK:UK

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
As i'm on a forum, where people (at least seem to :P) know what they are talking about...here is a pic of my bike:

any suggestions what to do with it?

they are 8" 888's which makes the bb pretty high, and the handling slightly out.
anyway...please comment. thanks.

JK

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
yeah, suggestions;

Sell the 888 and;

buy a Super T
buy a Slider +
buy a 7" 888 (the 7" cartridges are rediculously expensive, it may be better to just sell the 8" one and pick up a new 7" one)

wait for the 66.

Even if you get the go-ride crowns, you still end up with an 8" fork on the front of that bike, just way too much fork still.

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
haha...riding it. this was taken after a full WD40 polish, and brand new mud tyres put on. It doesn't look that immac now

yeah the 7" cartridges are too expensive. I used to run 135mm Sherman Firefly's... they were nice, but i much prefer the triple feeling.

and now i love the 888's. so the only option is to sell the 8" but then i thought why not just leave it, and then buy a new DH frame at some stage...grr i dunno.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Take the Hopes off and send them to me.:D The 888 rocks, but i'd agree in getting something a bit smaller. The blue frame is killer though!

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
im a big fan of the 8" up front. Would the go-ride crowns actually do much? Aren't they just for high steerer tubes?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I think they work on any steerer tubes, but i'm not exactly sure. They lower it like 1.25 inches I think. If you wanna keep the 888 i'd go that route, the fork is choice, and it kicks ass.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Ride...then decide...Go-ride crowns would lower your BB maybe .5-.75"

Yo Jm_ how do you like your 888?

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
remember i am from the UK....so go-ride crowns will be even more expensive.

oh and about the Hope's...i am getting rid of the rear 165mm M4,

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
That stem looks a bit long for my taste, but hey, that is completely personal preference.

I have one of those azonic hot seats with the steal rails, just a forwarning I have had three of them - they bend easily but the warantee rocks!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
the integrated stem will make a large difference in how the bike handles, your b.b. heigth wont come down but it will make it more manageable with that fork.....

I am selling my 8" 888 in favor of a 7" 888 and it's going on a bullit

Chimp
Apr 17, 2004
UK
yeah this is not a new bike by the way. the forks are.

im tempted by the integrated stem, but it wont change the geometry.

the thing is i haven't ridden a 7" 888 on a bullit, so i cant tell whether its much better.

basically the choice is : do nothing, integrated stem, go ride crown lowers (will this really help, will it alter geo. as well as ride position?), or 7" 888 (real last resort)

how long will the Marz. 66 be?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
the integrated stem will make more difference than you think..... give it a go