Quantcast

Bullit.....has anybody seen this?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Been pictures floating around for a few months. Santa Cruz asked the head monkey to remove them from the board, but this looks pretty official now :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh and by the way: sweet. 1.5 head tube, nice touches like an oversized pivot axle, removable pivot bearing cups (using a standard tool, no less), multiple cable routings, different dropouts... Cool.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Looks killer. I wonder what the frame weight is gonna be and when it'll be available...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oh and by the way: sweet. 1.5 head tube, nice touches like an oversized pivot axle, removable pivot bearing cups (using a standard tool, no less), multiple cable routings, different dropouts... Cool.
A replaceable hanger, finally...

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Somebody throw this beezy in that linkage program and lets see if they've made the leverage ratio any more progressive...

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Somebody throw this beezy in that linkage program and lets see if they've made the leverage ratio any more progressive...

it doesnt look like it

and just since i feel in the mood ill be pointing out that leverage ratios cannot be progressive, as it is a measurement performed at a specific point. its derivate vs travel however....

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
it doesnt look like it

and just since i feel in the mood ill be pointing out that leverage ratios cannot be progressive, as it is a measurement performed at a specific point. its derivate vs travel however....
Allow me to rephrase... I wonder if they have engineered the the suspension in such a way that the leverage on the shock lessens throughout the travel of the rear wheel?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Allow me to rephrase... I wonder if they have engineered the the suspension in such a way that the leverage on the shock lessens throughout the travel of the rear wheel?

ah much better

well my dear friend it would seem, from briefly glancing at the graphic representation appearing on my computer screen, that no major efforts have been performed in this regard, or, if the contrary were to be true, that said efforts have been utterly well concealed.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
:cheers:

It's pretty depressing that you obviously have a better grasp of the English language and it's proper usage than I, a native speaker, do.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
My extremely accurate measurements with a $5 compass off of a computer printout and my retarded engineering knowledge lead me to believe that a DHX Air wouldn't be a good choice for that frame.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
single pivot= leverage rate is part of a cosine curve. No way it can be progressive in the end of the travel. Not that you need it that way anyways. I think it looks dope.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I loved this

"...and the stout 1.5" headtube and gusseted top and down tubes allow you to put whatever the hell kind of fork you want up front. "

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
the bullit is truely a timeless design. Way back in 2000 when i was first gettin in the scene with the likes of superheros and kranked 2 and 3 movies, the bullit was the first frame that i really feel in love with. Though ive never had one, i must say that new design is rekindling my love for the frame.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Hi bags!

kidwoocomplimentssantacruzpostpreservationservice?
Damn you're good.

I figured I'd just stalk you on here until that other place becomes available.

Edit: To avoid complete thruntage...I'm diggin' the new Bullit, though I still think a swing link would do some good. I'll be interested to hear preliminary reviews. I still miss my 02.5 from time to time.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
have to say it looks sweet, angles are good, the pivot idea is genius and your choice of drop out spacing.....fine work SC.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
have to say it looks sweet, angles are good, the pivot idea is genius and your choice of drop out spacing.....fine work SC.
Even though theMontashu steered me wrong as usually, I did wonder why it only has a 67.5 ht angle....

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Even though theMontashu steered me wrong as usually, I did wonder why it only has a 67.5 ht angle....
67.5 seems like a pretty middle of the road/do anything angle to me, and anyways everyone knows that using shorter shocks and red are what 2007 is about.