Quantcast

Bunch of cry babies?

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
Waa waa waa bla bla bla.:nopity: Why is this forum so full of negative whining?
Last weekend I went downhilling for the first time in about two years. During the shuttle ride an up and coming young gun bashed this and bashed that. After he started dissing the new rotec and claiming that Iron Horse was the best there is I had had enough. I commenced to lash out in my not so tactful way. He didn't think what I had to say was so funny but the others in the truck laughed aloud at his punk ass.
Is this bashing a sign of how things have changed since I have been gone? I am familiar with forums and the typical flaming but some of the whining just goes on and on.
What's up with the local scene? In a time when you should be trying to work together to grow the scene (race series, chairlift) people diss shops and take personal shots. I guess that is the easy way.

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Don't you know that downhilling is illegal in Western Washington?!?
Not compared to moto. Dh bitches have it easy, we just need to pull our heads out and get the shzit done.
Look at the possitive, our bikes don't produce 100+db, they don't cause as nearly as much damage as 40hp dirtbike and tree huggers don't hate us as much.
When you propose a "bicycle trail" to land managers that seems pretty innocent compaired to motorcycle trail.
Oh ya I forgot most of you are to busy bitching to propose anything. Speaking of bitching I'd better stop.:)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
wheelchaser said:
What's up with the local scene? In a time when you should be trying to work together to grow the scene (race series, chairlift) people diss shops and take personal shots. I guess that is the easy way.

Please, go ahead....start a scene. Get a local series going and get The Pass to open. Good Luck!:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Certified Drunk said:
We have the 2-3 hour local seen! drive north or south for 2-3 hours and you will find the the seen. :)
Or get off the see-saw and look at the scene. What do you see? You see what you saw! Take the saw and cut a hole in the floor and jump out wheeee!:dancing:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Skookum said:
Or get off the see-saw and look at the scene. What do you see? You see what you saw! Take the saw and cut a hole in the floor and jump out wheeee!:dancing:
Skookster - you crack me up! I don't care what anyone else says - your good in my book
;)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
wheelchaser said:
Last weekend I went downhilling for the first time in about two years. During the shuttle ride an up and coming young gun bashed this and bashed that. After he started dissing the new rotec and claiming that Iron Horse was the best there is I had had enough. I commenced to lash out in my not so tactful way. He didn't think what I had to say was so funny but the others in the truck laughed aloud at his punk ass.
Is this bashing a sign of how things have changed since I have been gone? I am familiar with forums and the typical flaming but some of the whining just goes on and on.
Seriously, no disrespect at all,....but BWAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Someone needs a psych evaluation....different strokes for different folks....

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I know i probably shouldn't reply to this but I'm going to try to tactfully. I am the young "punk" in the shuttle. Wheelchaser I don't know your name and have never seen you before our ride this weekend but the first things you said to me were negative and I would realy like to know what I did to make you want to talk trash to me so badly, maybe before you go pointing fingers about anything you should look at your own behavior. About the Rotec vs. Iron Horse arguement: First, I like to think of sully as a friend, i rode in his truck with him for 30+ hours to dear valley and back, and i have said everything i said in the shuttle truck to my friend at one point to him. I have riden the new bike and i think it feels great, however i do think that for many riders certain aspects of the frame are going to take it out of consideration and i think its better he knows what i think than just smiling at him and saying it looks pretty. The second thing you need to keep in mind is that i have been riding an Iron horse for a year now and love the bike, I have been incredibly impressed with it and have received help from Iron horse so many times in this season that i feel i owe them some positive support. I'm getting away from my point here however. I go out many times a week to ride my bike because I love riding my bike, so why are we all online arguing stuff like this instead of going out for a ride? Next time you see me on a ride come say hi and we can talk in person, or don't, but please don't spout trash to me and then go online and bringing up a thread trashing someone when you don't even know them.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
Instead you can wag your lustrous pony tail at me in disgust
i bet you imagine my face on your woman every night.:rolleyes:

It's not her fault you're French Canadian and thereby just a little ghey.:monkey:

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
NateH said:
I know i probably shouldn't reply to this but I'm going to try to tactfully. I am the young "punk" in the shuttle. Wheelchaser I don't know your name and have never seen you before our ride this weekend but the first things you said to me were negative and I would realy like to know what I did to make you want to talk trash to me so badly, maybe before you go pointing fingers about anything you should look at your own behavior. About the Rotec vs. Iron Horse arguement: First, I like to think of sully as a friend, i rode in his truck with him for 30+ hours to dear valley and back, and i have said everything i said in the shuttle truck to my friend at one point to him. I have riden the new bike and i think it feels great, however i do think that for many riders certain aspects of the frame are going to take it out of consideration and i think its better he knows what i think than just smiling at him and saying it looks pretty. The second thing you need to keep in mind is that i have been riding an Iron horse for a year now and love the bike, I have been incredibly impressed with it and have received help from Iron horse so many times in this season that i feel i owe them some positive support. I'm getting away from my point here however. I go out many times a week to ride my bike because I love riding my bike, so why are we all online arguing stuff like this instead of going out for a ride? Next time you see me on a ride come say hi and we can talk in person, or don't, but please don't spout trash to me and then go online and bringing up a thread trashing someone when you don't even know them.

old guy got owneddd!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
There may be a local scene (from E. WA) yet. I'm probably talking out of school, but even though the WIM series is gone, we may yet have a DH race or two at Beacon next year. It will probably be under the auspices of Bicycle Butler (don't kill me, Tim!). I will post more details when they become available. Things are just in the very early talking stages right now. Wanted to throw that out ray of hope to the dejected masses in time for the holidays.

Also, I know it's a bit of a drive for the PS Basin folks, but Silver Mountain will doubtless expand their schedule to help partially fill the vacuum. I'll leak more half-baked information as soon as I can talk to Stephen Lane.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I hope everyon decides to get behind silver this year, that course was sick and the guys at silver were super cool.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
What are you, like 40 years old? you got in argument with a kid less than half your age about "what bike is better" - think about that. I don't think I've done that since I was 12. If you have an issue with someone, consult that person, don't post it on an internet BB. That's a lame-ass move, it's childish, and it shows that you don't have the balls to confront someone face to face over something. I'd bet I'm far less than half your age and even I know that.

Also, just so you know, my name is pat and I was the guy on the haggard blue P3. Nate is a friend of mine, I know the whole situation. Nate just said that he didn't think the Rotec wasn't all that it could be because of the fact it has too much travel and the angles weren't quite dialed - that's it. He made no personal comments, he wasn't trying to tear you down. It was all directed soley at that frame's faults - which is fair conversation. You on the other hand were saying his bike was ****, and were adding on to my inside joke about the Gart sports thing - in addition, you were in fact taking potshots at him. Now realize - that was an inside joke among friends. You are outside of the circle. Any comment you make carries different context than someone on the inside. You should expect him to lash back at you. You were out of line. Enough said.

and nate - I'm not trying to fight your battles, this guy has pissed me off too - who the hell posts this kind of little squabble on the internet.

-Pat

wheelchaser said:

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
MinorThreat said:
There may be a local scene (from E. WA) yet. I'm probably talking out of school, but even though the WIM series is gone, we may yet have a DH race or two at Beacon next year. It will probably be under the auspices of Bicycle Butler (don't kill me, Tim!). I will post more details when they become available. Things are just in the very early talking stages right now. Wanted to throw that out ray of hope to the dejected masses in time for the holidays.

Also, I know it's a bit of a drive for the PS Basin folks, but Silver Mountain will doubtless expand their schedule to help partially fill the vacuum. I'll leak more half-baked information as soon as I can talk to Stephen Lane.
Thats what I'm looking for a step in the right direction.:thumb:

wheelchaser

Chimp
Apr 11, 2005
Renton, Wa
WBC said:
What are you, like 40 years old? you got in argument with a kid less than half your age about "what bike is better" - think about that. I don't think I've done that since I was 12. If you have an issue with someone, consult that person, don't post it on an internet BB. That's a lame-ass move, it's childish, and it shows that you don't have the balls to confront someone face to face over something. I'd bet I'm far less than half your age and even I know that.

Also, just so you know, my name is pat and I was the guy on the haggard blue P3. Nate is a friend of mine, I know the whole situation. Nate just said that he didn't think the Rotec wasn't all that it could be because of the fact it has too much travel and the angles weren't quite dialed - that's it. He made no personal comments, he wasn't trying to tear you down. It was all directed soley at that frame's faults - which is fair conversation. You on the other hand were saying his bike was ****, and were adding on to my inside joke about the Gart sports thing - in addition, you were in fact taking potshots at him. Now realize - that was an inside joke among friends. You are outside of the circle. Any comment you make carries different context than someone on the inside. You should expect him to lash back at you. You were out of line. Enough said.

and nate - I'm not trying to fight your battles, this guy has pissed me off too - who the hell posts this kind of little squabble on the internet.

-Pat
Your right I shouldn't have mentioned my frustration with Nate's negative tirade that I could only tolorate for 3/4's of a shuttle ride (too many fat tires). My point which seems to have been lost because of my lack of focus is that it's time to stop the crying and get the shzit together.

As for forty years old ever here of a guy named Bart McDaniel? Not that I would ever compare to him.

As for not having the balls to confront someone face to face I'm not afraid bring it on. Your very right you don't know me.

The whole point of this thread is I am confronting all of you. I am asking you all to rethink how you look at your scene and how you can change it for the better. If this happens we all win. Otherwise it's back to the status quo: no chairlift, no races just old thirty seven year olds stirring the pot to see what it creates.

By the way is there spell check? My spelling sucks.

Bri Sol

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
wheelchaser said:
Your right I shouldn't have mentioned my frustration with Nate's negative tirade that I could only tolorate for 3/4's of a shuttle ride (too many fat tires). My point which seems to have been lost because of my lack of focus is that it's time to stop the crying and get the shzit together.

As for forty years old ever here of a guy named Bart McDaniel? Not that I would ever compare to him.

As for not having the balls to confront someone face to face I'm not afraid bring it on. Your very right you don't know me.

The whole point of this thread is I am confronting all of you. I am asking you all to rethink how you look at your scene and how you can change it for the better. If this happens we all win. Otherwise it's back to the status quo: no chairlift, no races just old thirty seven year olds stirring the pot to see what it creates.

Bri Sol
BRI SOL..................Wait a minute. I know you. Your the guy that wears his clubbin' gear to the races! I love you man! Welcome back you magnificant bastard!

Eakin

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
wheelchaser said:

Bri Sol

so, are you helping out with the BBTC freeride group?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
wheelchaser said:
blah, blah, blah
You talk a lot of smack for a guy who hasn't been in the "scene" for a while???
You makin' a comeback? Bringin' da lady witch u! Too much 2-stroke in the lungs, trying to clear it out by pedallling around...
And what about those tires beotch!!!