Quantcast

Burgtec RideWide Bars?

Nov 4, 2007
Bay Area
After a few months of indecision (mostly due to the cost), I'm now just about ready to order these bars. My only concern is durability. The bars seem awfully light at approx. 270 grams for an almost 30" bar, but then again that's part of their appeal.

I realize that pros like Kovarik ride these bars and put them through a lot more stress than I probably would, but I have no idea how often they throw a new bar (or anything else ) on their bikes either.

Is anyone here running them or know someone who is? How do they hold up?

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
I've thrashed mine all season with no problems. I've used it alot, and have done it all. Crashes, flatlanders, races, traveling and more. It's still fine. Due to it's weigth it's not the stiffest bar out there, but I think that's a good thing. Gives us nice vibration damping. But just to mention, it's possible to destroy it if yer unlucky. A buddy of mine bent his in a ugly crash. But bendig is fine. Breaking is what we fear rigth :D

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
There are a few mixed reports from UK riders whom seem to be snapping a few sets...

I tried some, but didn't get on with the shape. Didn't really run them long enough to find out how strong they were!