Quantcast

Burke Mountain,VT

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Anyone ever try out the DH trails at Burke? I see they have a shuttle service, but not a whole heap of terrain.

Is it worth a 2 hour drive?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
They are supposed to have a bunch of new stuff this year. I did a shuttle run there a few years ago and there was basically 1 trail that was gnar as hell. I vote you go check it out and report back.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm already in Montreal, and have no need for strippers. Heh.

I doubt I will bother going all the way there for some "so-so" riding....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'm already in Montreal, and have no need for strippers. Heh.

I doubt I will bother going all the way there for some "so-so" riding....
I guess you never been to Burke right?

So-so riding :crazy:

On the 2007 map there is 2 trails starting from the summit, one double diamond, and the other is tripple diamond, yes yes, triple!

Bromont as no trail that ressemble the type of obstacle you might encounter on the Freeride trail. From what I gathered (never riden it myself) by speaking to locals, its the kind off trail where you have to commit from top to bottom or it will be a long hike-a-bike down.

Many people are asking about these trails and you can't seem to find anyone that have actually ridden them... go figure!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I guess you never been to Burke right?

So-so riding :crazy:

On the 2007 map there is 2 trails starting from the summit, one double diamond, and the other is tripple diamond, yes yes, triple!

Bromont as no trail that ressemble the type of obstacle you might encounter on the Freeride trail. From what I gathered (never riden it myself) by speaking to locals, its the kind off trail where you have to commit from top to bottom or it will be a long hike-a-bike down.

Many people are asking about these trails and you can't seem to find anyone that have actually ridden them... go figure!
Perhaps all that have attempted have died trying.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I walked most of it. It was awesome. The top is very steep and the vegatation prevents you from seeing the rocks. I needed a new helmet anyways... Other then that it is pretty spectacular......

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
These two sentances just don't go together. How was it spectacular to walk most of it?
I rode it on a Ellsworth Truth the first time I rode the trail from the top. No pads or protection other then a helmet. Even then I was able to ride most of it. The second and third time I rode there I came prepared :biggrin: A couple of the drops are over my head, quite literally.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hmm... So with a DH/big travel FR bike, full armor, etc... it would be worth the trip?

2 trails only? I guess I only ride about two of the trails I have available at Bromont anyway...

Are there ride-arounds for the drops? I like to warm up to that kind of stuff...

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
Burke is sick lots of good flowy trails. The freeride trail can be a bit much if your expecting xc riding. I believe they shuttle with a dump/work truck up the paved access road.
you dont really need a dh bike kinda overkill but any 5 and 5 bike or hardtail would be alot of fun
Talk to Knight Ide or the guys that work in the shop in burke.
those trails are alot of fun

bolton

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Spread the word....

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
JUNE 6, 2007

BOLTON VALLEY DOWNHILL/FREERIDE WEEKENDS
RETURN FOR 07

BOLTON VALLEY, VT — Bolton Valley’s legendary trail crew has been at work on building new features, dialing old faithfuls and getting ready for another gnarly season of some of the best downhilling and freerding in the east. Bolton will have lift-serviced mountain biking weekends July 7-8, August 4-5, September 1,2,3 (Labor Day Weekend) and October 6-7. (Races and slopestyle competitions are in the works so stay tuned for details.) Ticket prices are $30 a day; $55 for 2 days; $180 for a season’s pass.

Just outside of Burlington, Vermont, Bolton Valley is home to our legendary 20-ft drop, numerous
ladder bridges, log rides, our slopestyle park, 4X course and, of course, miles of technical descents
that will leave your lungs, legs and you screaming for more. (It’s “dope” as the kidz say.) Surrounded
by 5,000 acres of pristine wilderness and home to our little laid-back resort with heart, Bolton is
the perfect place to drop in.

In addition to slopeside hotel and condo accommodations, on-site tent camping will be available.
Specialized® Big Hit 2s will be for rent and a full-line of helmets, bikes, body armor and gear
will be on site for sale, to rent and demo, including the necessary post-ride wood-grilled pizza
and local brews.

So mark your calendars, pack up the gear and head to Bolton to find out what all the hub-bub
is about. We promise your adrenaline glands won’t be sorry.

For further information, trail maps and pics of folks ripping some of our features,
please visit www.boltonvalley.com.