BurlyShirley bought me a lizard...

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I Are Baboon said:
Awwwww.

What does she eat?
Well, we are actually still researching that. The douchebag at the store told us a bunch of crap. We thought some of it sounded sketchy so found out that none of what he said was true.

Basically some vegetables and some crickets. She will get to get to be 36" long and weigh a few pounds and live up to 35 years. I think we are going to go back and get the pac man frog which will get to be the size of a dinner table and eats mice and the such. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kizzi77 said:
I think we are going to go back and get the pac man frog which will get to be the size of a dinner table and eats mice and the such. :)
is that the african gray frog, that's got actual teeth? the place i bought my boa from years ago had a couple of those bad boys. i got to see them toss a mouse into the tank.

also got to see a rooster get tossed into the owner's reticulated python cage.

:dead:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
is that the african gray frog, that's got actual teeth? the place i bought my boa from years ago had a couple of those bad boys. i got to see them toss a mouse into the tank.

also got to see a rooster get tossed into the owner's reticulated python cage.

:dead:
I think the Pac Man frog is from South America, but pretty much the same concept. Just a big mouth that will eat anything.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BigMike said:
I want to get a beardie. My girlfriend is into turtles and has 4. Reptiles are soooooooo cool :cool:
What kind of turtles? I have a Chinese Box Turtle and a Leopard Gecko. Reptiles make great pets, especially when you're just starting out and not quite into the cat/dog stage.

Kizzi, are you going to keep crickets? That's an interesting experience. The little bastards eat each other!

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
bluebug32 said:
What kind of turtles? I have a Chinese Box Turtle and a Leopard Gecko. Reptiles make great pets, especially when you're just starting out and not quite into the cat/dog stage.

Kizzi, are you going to keep crickets? That's an interesting experience. The little bastards eat each other!
I think we are going to have to start raising crickets. One of the room mates has a bearded dragon, we have giblet and a tarantula, so we will definitaly need a bunch of crickets.

We also have a dog and a cat. We are big fans of animals :love:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was watching The Discovery Channel last week, and they showed this big frog eat a little frog, but the big frog didn't know the little frog can ooze deadly secretion from its skin, so after about 30 seconds, the big frog died, and they showed the little frog crawl out of the big frog's mouth and walk away. Pretty gross. I guess my point is, don't feed that little frog to your lizard.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:

I don't remember. Two of them are red painted somthing or other....... and I don't know what the other two are. All I know is that one of them is a big meanie head and ate off one of the others back feet. She is now in her own tank, and the other three get along great

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I Are Baboon said:
I was watching The Discovery Channel last week, and they showed this big frog eat a little frog, but the big frog didn't know the little frog can ooze deadly secretion from its skin, so after about 30 seconds, the big frog died, and they showed the little frog crawl out of the big frog's mouth and walk away. Pretty gross. I guess my point is, don't feed that little frog to your lizard.

Thats not gross, its AWESOME!

Mother Nature has given some animals some very interesting ways of protecting themselves, and I think its facinating. Kind of like clown fish and anemone

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
That's how I protect myself. I got in a bar fight last year, and started secreting toxic ooze and the guy bolted in the other direction. I don't think I picked up that night.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have an african fat tailed gecko named Porter i'll try to get a pic of him up tomorrow.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I had an albino african frog for a few months, then one of the large goldfish(5 year old goldfish) got hungry, didn't miss the damn thing at all either.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:
which one went crazy and attacked the other's foot? I've never heard of a turtle doing that.

The big fat girl eastern painted ate off the little tiny boy eastern painteds foot because he wanted to mate and she did. apparantly she's very tempermental, just like humans! :)