Quantcast

@@@ Buy a dentist a bike GMT @@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
broke a tooth this past weekend,and due to shut down my "emergency appt is 2pm today. The root is exposed and the pain is insane. Even the wifes Hydrocodone didn't help No real sleep in two nights. So as a reward I have the 4am -noon shift today :banghead: :banghead:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Beautiful day.
HD empty at 7am while grabbing some more ladders. Got the guys back at the harbor project.

Gonna quote some jobs, walk some dog, shoot some gunz and do some sort of exercise.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I highly recommend not hurting your chest wall. Moving about hurts, especially getting up. I have new appreciation for shoehorns as well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. No meetings until late afternoon, so I can start catching up on the things I was behind on because Hannah's been home.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Was this injury from the 14 Couric unit poop you had?
That'd be an epic tale. But alas, no. I fell off my commuter bike (29", drop bars, single speed) while doing a stupid trick on a family bike ride around the neighborhood 9 days ago.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My lady and I received some sweet masks made by a friend in Ridgway. They’re pretty bitchin.

75FA8806-5416-4C6F-A613-0796CB21E5F1.jpeg

We also started a 1,000 piece puzzle. People say puzzles are relaxing, and fun. I find doing puzzles to be stress and anxiety inducing. Get out of my light!

EA6F6F53-3DBE-4D47-A72C-766BF441687C.jpeg

Hello all. I highly recommend not hurting your chest wall. Moving about hurts, especially getting up. I have new appreciation for shoehorns as well.
I mean, I’d try doing some pushups at it and see if that helps. You’ve already gone the third kid route.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My lady and I received some sweet masks made by a friend in Ridgway. They’re pretty bitchin.

View attachment 143608

We also started a 1,000 piece puzzle. People say puzzles are relaxing, and fun. I find doing puzzles to be stress and anxiety inducing. Get out of my light!

View attachment 143609

I mean, I’d try doing some pushups at it and see if that helps. You’ve already gone the third kid route.
you just copypasta'd that from bookface. :stosh:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
those are nice. is Ridgeway friend selling them?
I feel weird walking into the liquor store with a red bandana over my face.
Ha! I think last week I saw a comment from Elroy... “Great. I had finally broke myself of the wearing a mask into liquor stores and banks habit, and now this.”

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also yes, they are nice. I think she’s mostly making them for West Slope people and good friends, but I’ll see if she’s also selling to gen pop.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So now it's literally forbidden to go outside for any reason that's not an emergency or shopping. No running, no biking. Of course you can lie to the police but it's a hassle. So this is fun. Seriously you know it's bad when the GF lets you fry chicken in the flat. On the bright side - Kimchi brine fried chicken.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think I might have sold my Turner DHR. Guy is coming to look at it this afternoon, but has already sent me the e-transfer for it (he's with holding the password for it, for obvious reasons). Dude didn't even negotiate on the price.... :think:

But I mean $1600 CDN for a Turner DHR that is in top shape, Fox 40, Fox RC4, full Saint drive train and brakes, a sticker from @kazlx and @boostindoubles, spare Saint derailluer and a true RARE 26" 2.7 DHF, should be a halfway decent price... i was expecting to get way less because of the unridibru 26" wheels.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I was in an liquor store in Ukrainian Village early '90s, mid winter.
Dude walks in wearing a balaclava, cashier whips out his shottie and screams NO MASK MOTHERFUCKER!.
Other than the winters and geography, I miss chicago.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think I might have sold my Turner DHR. Guy is coming to look at it this afternoon, but has already sent me the e-transfer for it (he's with holding the password for it, for obvious reasons). Dude didn't even negotiate on the price.... :think:

But I mean $1600 CDN for a Turner DHR that is in top shape, Fox 40, Fox RC4, full Saint drive train and brakes, a sticker from @kazlx and @boostindoubles, spare Saint derailluer and a true RARE 26" 2.7 DHF, should be a halfway decent price... i was expecting to get way less because of the unridibru 26" wheels.
congrats and condolences.
fwiw, I got $1,000 for my DHR without fork, and $600 for the WC Boxxer. I'd say you did well.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I was in an liquor store in Ukrainian Village early '90s, mid winter.
Dude walks in wearing a balaclava, cashier whips out his shottie and screams NO MASK MOTHERFUCKER!.
Other than the winters and geography, I miss chicago.
:rofl:
seriously though, everyone looks suspect to me lately.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This should help: https://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/etsy-clear-jigsaw-puzzle-47352682

Embrace your inner gangster, man...

Also yes, they are nice. I think she’s mostly making them for West Slope people and good friends, but I’ll see if she’s also selling to gen pop.
@Nick - you're "gen pop." :rofl:

Seriously you know it's bad when the GF lets you fry chicken in the flat. On the bright side - Kimchi brine fried chicken.
smoking-chimp.jpg

According to my FTP test last night, I suck at biking, but I think we all knew that.
There's a TEST for that? :confused:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
shocked little mt hoffman lookout reservation has not been cancelled

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
congrats and condolences.
fwiw, I got $1,000 for my DHR without fork, and $600 for the WC Boxxer. I'd say you did well.
It's crazy... I've had the bike listed since last year and only now have I got a few offers.

I've seen other complete DHRs down as low as $700-800 and none much higher than $1900.

Being a bike that I only ever used when lift hills were open, on weekends, the bike got a lot of cleaning and love. She's pretty squeaky clean.

Meanwhile I am going to list my carbon Transition Scout, which has three times the mileage on it, will need a new chain, cassette and chain ring, but I'll probably get just under double what I'm selling the Turner for. :confused:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
1 hour into a 4 hour management training meeting thing.

I want to quit and go stack groceries.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So, I never had the interview yesterday... I was on GoToMeeting at 9:59, waited until 10:33, the interviewer(s) no-showed. Called the recruiter, told them what happened, they got in touch with the company who apologized and immediately rescheduled for today. They showed up this time, and I feel like I crushed it. Also, I think I would like the job. I would be able to contribute to their mess greatly, but also there's a lot of room for growth and learning. Plus, it would be a nearly 100% salary increase from my last position.
Found out I have a next round (and final!) interview with the Director of User Experience and Design at the company I interviewed with last week. The recruiter sent me the test questions already, as well as the profile of the person I'll be interviewing with. Judging from her LinkedIn, she's a veritable badass at the UXing. She's held senior and lead positions at some companies known for investing in user experience, and she came on to this company in January. This tracks with what I was told in the initial interview that they're starting to "prioritize UX and design" company wide.

But you know, I'm not nervous really. No... really.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Government is starting to loosen the covi restrictions and my youngest son is going back to school tomorrow - big yes for all of us I think.

Got the automower setup again for the season as the grass has really started to grow. I had managed to cut the wire in two spots so it took a little work to get it working again. I had to use an old AM radio to track down the cuts and at the end I also had to redo the right side connector on the base. Hopefully trouble free for the rest of the season.