Quantcast

Buying a used car

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Returned my lease in March and its time to get a new car. I am looking for a 2006 or 2007 Volvo XC70 as I have decided to buy this time. Let me know if you have any advice or tips.

I have contacted a few dealers but non have so far been interested in offering any deals. Today I tried to have somebody bid on two cars at the Manheim auction in PA. First car got to expensive and then he screwed up the bid on car number two. So now I am back to cars.com.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
edmunds.com has a request a quote thing where it will solicit offers to near by dealers to send you their best price if they have one. We got some awesome prices that way without having to even talk to anyone first. It's best if you have financing secured prior.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
edmunds.com has a request a quote thing where it will solicit offers to near by dealers to send you their best price if they have one. We got some awesome prices that way without having to even talk to anyone first. It's best if you have financing secured prior.
I think this is only for new cars.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Expand your search area beyond greater NYC. If you're willing to travel, you can usually find exactly what you want within a reasonable distance.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=xc70&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Best I got. Keep in mind that with new car sales dropping, used cars are in high demand. You're also looking for a specific model, specific years in a high-cost area. You're probably not going to get a great deal from anybody, so maybe expand on your choice of vehicle/years? The CL posted above shows exactly *one* vehicle in all of the tri-state area that fits your description.

Personally think you should get a G8. ;)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
My buddy has a G8. It's lowered. Looks like america's attempt at an M3. Pretty fast four door. I like it, but would never buy one.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Ended up buying a 2007 XC70, 21.000 miles and the best price I could find with a clean autocheck rapport.

Seats fold down!!
Try not to lose it among all the other xc70s in our neighborhood. At least it's not an outback. Then you'd never find it.

(Also, congrats.)

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
I am just trying to assimilate.
Claus you sweet little Danish. you have said Denmark is the "land of the clones" now you are just becoming just like a yuppie... i am so proud! just like my sister who used to live in Park Slope and owns an XC70! Her's is blueish green! omg!

enjoy the new whip!