Quantcast

buying bikes

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
so ive been looking on pinkbike and craigslist for used full suspension bikes in the Washington area, i was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions on other sites to search for bikes that are for sale in specific areas, thank you.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I have an '03 Banshee Scream for sale that's in great shape if you're looking for a FR rig. PM me for details or check the PNW classifieds for my post. I'm in Lynnwood, can deliver. $1300 takes it.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
MTBR.com has been the best in my experience....sold several there myself....also look at downhill zone in seattle (a fav of the message boards :shocked: ) they have some pretty good used rigs there.

Of course recycled cycles in Seattle ia all about that as well.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Tim's in Everett has some good deals too. My Yakuza Kumicho frame (size large) is up there right now for $450, and they have some Konas too.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Tim's in Everett has some good deals too. My Yakuza Kumicho frame (size large) is up there right now for $450, and they have some Konas too.
You friends with Jay? I never could figure out how it was used bikes wind up in there for sale. *other then the classics Jay pulls in*

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
It's an '05, bought new from Perf in December of '05:

It comes with the 12x150mm rear wheel (generic hub on a WTB Speed Disc 36h rim) with a specific dish for the frame (due to the frame being designed around a floating brake which IH discontinued), IRD seatpost with standard rails, OEM seatpost quick release, 1.5 headset with 1 1/8 reducer installed and a complete set of brand new spare pivots. Not to mention that Fluidride just replaced the pivots in November and I only got three rides in before I swapped my other parts on to a new bike.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
You friends with Jay? I never could figure out how it was used bikes wind up in there for sale. *other then the classics Jay pulls in*
Julie and I have bought a couple of bikes up there, and I have them do all the dirty work I don't want to do myself on our bikes. Great prices, good guys. They are great with wheels, too. As for the used frames, I don't know how they get the others, but I just asked them to sell the IH for me after I got my new frame since it's easier to have it sitting in a shop where people will see it than to constantly hammer out Craigslist ads, you know?