Quantcast

BUYING NEW PEDALS, suggestions?

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
K guys, my stock Kona jacks**t pedals are worn to near nothing. i need new pedals. i am thinking of getting the same ones, but newer, and the have replacable pins. they will be 65 bucks canadian. if there are any pedals that are cheaper , the same, or more expensive than these pedals,but are better, just gimme a little bit of info. i wanna get pedals worth my buck!

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Tioga MX CNC

Atomlab anything (many haters out there, so shhh)

NYC freeride

Easton Cully

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Shimano DX Platforms

Crank Bros 5050's

Any of the above.........it's more about how much you have to spend as there's tons of pedals that are in that $30-50 range that are so-so, and then from $60+ they gett better and better. Anything under $100 and over $50 you should be fine with regardless of brand etc......

Robusto

Monkey
I don't suggest these. They cannot take a beating therefor not worth the money in my opinion. Something BMx style sounds good to me. Oddysee cilenski(sp?) are sweet.
I've had my 5050xx's for over a year now, and I've beat the hell out of them. They still run as smooth as when I got them, despite being hucked off of 10-12 foot drops and riding around in all of the mud at snowshoe. I love them, especially now that I've got my set-screw kit on them :biggrin: . They are so grippy now that they have ripped holes in the bottom of my shoes.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
I don't suggest these. They cannot take a beating therefor not worth the money in my opinion. Something BMx style sounds good to me. Oddysee cilenski(sp?) are sweet.
those oddessey pedals are good stuff, from what my bmx friends have told me. personally, im running a set of primo super tenderizers, and theyve been good to me so far, aside from eating the bottoms of my shoes.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I've had my 5050xx's for over a year now, and I've beat the hell out of them. They still run as smooth as when I got them, despite being hucked off of 10-12 foot drops and riding around in all of the mud at snowshoe. I love them, especially now that I've got my set-screw kit on them :biggrin: . They are so grippy now that they have ripped holes in the bottom of my shoes.
You said it, my solomon riding shoes have a hole in the bottom now!

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
WELLGO B-37s: R-U-L-E!!!
about $40 USD. these platforms are great shape (convex), just enough pins, plenty strong & not too heavy. had mine over a year & still in good shape.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
Poverty peddlers are under $20, have over 10 replaceable phillips pins per side(of pedal), and are super heavy duty. you can get them at Danscomp.com. They are good, my feet never slip even when muddy.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
What's your main type of ridiing? Did your last set hold up well? If they did/didn't what did you like/not like about them? There are a ton of pedals out there. I think it really Depends on how hard you are on pedals and what's practical....D

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Eaton Culys, Azonic Aframe (great For The Price) And I Plan On Getting Atom Lab Anythings Like Stated Before, Crazy Light And Grip Like No Other