Quantcast

Calabazas...will it ever open?

Cheetabrian

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
Report from Calabazas Riding Park meeting, posted 10/3/06...

Please help to expedite the process by sending an email to Councilwoman Linda Lezotte who is working toward re-opening the park for BMX riders.

E-Mail: linda.lezotte@sanjoseca.gov

The city is still working to complete needed studies and plans before actually starting construction. While the whole process is taking much longer than any of us would like, we are convinced that it will a great riding park again someday.

We will continue to post events and schedules as the information comes to us from the city.

Take a minute and send an email. Maybe San Jose will actually build us a place to legally ride.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I just got an email back from her today:

Hi David,

Thanks for your email about Calabazas BMX Park. Councilmember LeZotte agrees that the park is a tremendous community asset and is eager to see it open again. Construction on the park is set to begin by the end of this year and will be completed by the end of April 2007. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Crystal Morrow
Council Assistant
Councilmember Linda J. LeZotte
San José Council District 1
Phone: (408) 535-4901 Fax: (408) 292-6448
200 East Santa Clara Street, 18th Floor
San José, CA 95113
<http://www.sanjoseca.gov/district1/>

Slonie

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
It looked pretty open the last couple times I was there...I know you mean "officially" though... ;)

Cheetabrian

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
A year late but looks like it will actually get built - Today , 07:45 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Neighbor,

I am very excited to announce that construction of the new Calabazas BMX Park is scheduled to begin on or just after December 16, 2006. When completed, the new park will feature 1.65 acres of BMX track for beginning and intermediate riders. Clear signage will indicate park rules, traffic flow, and skill level will also be posted at the site. Additionally, a new fence with 3 access points will be installed around the BMX park.

Construction hours will be limited to Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The contractor, Bianchi & Amaker Construction, is expected to finish the project by spring 2007.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the park, please feel free Crystal Morrow at crystal.morrow@sanjoseca.gov or call my office at (408) 535-4901.

Best regards,

Linda J. LeZotte, Councilmember

City of San José