Quantcast

Calabazas...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I went over there last night around 9pm. It was pitch black, but you could still make out the jumps and stuff. After walking around for a few minutes, it's QUITE apparent that it's completely built for 20" bikes. You could definitely take a dirtjumper there, but it would be best on a 20.

Either way, the jumps and berms are in great condition, and it looks to be a great place to spend an early morning.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Why do you say it's made for a 20" ???
Is everything super tight ?

It's cali the kids will just change anything they dont like , shovels and dirt have a way of doing that getting together and making city build jumps not suck !

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I doubt they'd risk damaging the place... as it took over 3 years for the city to re-open that place. The jumps are "safely made" or "purposefully designed."

The cool thing is that there is an obvious path that was made, so there won't be any head-on collisions.

Winger

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
the park will not be opening on may 12 due to safety issues and issues that need to be resolved by the city and the contractor...
for more updates on when the park is going to open call calabazas cyclery at...
(408) 366-BIKE

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Blah! Everything I had heard said May 12th.

Sorry for the bad information. Even Calabazas Cyclery told my friend it was Saturday. Hmmm...

Brian B.

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
You had the right info. I got emails and a flyer from the city saying that the grand opening was May 12 2-3 with refreshments and giveaways.

I am really glad to hear that it won't be opening yet because the jumps they have weren't even fun to ride and also dangerous for the less experienced rider.

I wonder how long we will have to wait now though?

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
Oh well. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. I have never rode there so I'm eager to add that to my list of to-do's. Well, some of us will be heading to Pleasanton Bike Park on both Friday and Saturday afternoon if you want to join us.
-Rich