Quantcast

Calling 2003 Intense M1 Owners!

Darth-Jesus

Chimp
Oct 20, 2003
CO
I just bought a "medium" 03 Intense M1 frame, and am not sure that it's the medium I thought it was. Does anyone have the dimensions for the 03 M1s, or know of a definitive measurement I can take to verify that it is a medium??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to build up a the bike, only to find out its too big for me to ride.

From Intense's website, I saw that only the large M3s have a head tube thats 5.25" while the Medium and Small sizes have a shorter head tube..., and my M1s head tube is also 5.25". I realize they are different bikes, but this is what has sparked my concerns. Anyone have an 03 medium M1 with a 5.25" head tube???

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll check when I get home, but I would guess that they switched to one head tube for all the frames. to beef up the head tube junction.

Measure the top tube length and you should know for sure.

Darth-Jesus

Chimp
Oct 20, 2003
CO
Maybe this will be easier..... I just took a picture (hopefully the dimensions are readable, the center of the seat tube is around 19.5") Its hard to get an accurate top tube measurement without a shock...Im not sure how the bike should naturally sit.
Can anyone tell if this matches your 03 Medium M1? If so, great, I really want to put my mind at ease..

Attachments

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That sounds like a medium frame to me, but I won't know until I measure mine.
Large M1's have a 24" top tube I believe and it stands to reason that you measurement technique on a large M1 would be over 20".

Darth-Jesus

Chimp
Oct 20, 2003
CO
Zark said:
That sounds like a medium frame to me, but I won't know until I measure mine.
Large M1's have a 24" top tube I believe and it stands to reason that you measurement technique on a large M1 would be over 20".

Yeah, I know my "measurement technique" is flawed...but it should be good enough for comparison. So if you get a chance to measure yours and compare, Id greatly appreciate it!

intensemtb

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Look at the serial number under the bottom bracket. The 3rd or 4th digit tells you if it's a S,M, or L frame.

Darth-Jesus

Chimp
Oct 20, 2003
CO
intensemtb said:
Look at the serial number under the bottom bracket. The 3rd or 4th digit tells you if it's a S,M, or L frame.
Thanks!...there was just the right amount of dirt to make the SN hard to see. Cleaned it up and the "M" appeared!