Quantcast

Calling all BBQ Rockstars!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
So, we're doing a total kitchen remodel this summer. We estimate that our kitchen will be MIA for about 2 months. During that time I'm going to have to do a lot of grilling, which is good because I like to grill. But I'm worried I'm going to run out of ideas quick!

I need two different kinds of meals:

1-Quick and easy for lunches/quick dinners

2-More complex dinners so I don't go crazy eating burgers all summer!!

Any ideas or variations on the classics would help!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i love doing dry-rub pork chops, bone-in

there are a lot of varieties to try, but i usually stay w/ these spices:

salt
pepper
chili powder
cumin
coriander
dry mustard
cayenne pepper
a small bit of allspice and/or cinnamon

mix well, coat chops, grill.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
another thing you can do is to get a pack of bone-in chicken breasts (if you are gonna grill it, having a bone next to flesh cannot be beat), and make a marinade...stuff to include is a bit of oil, maybe some freshly squeezed lemons or limes, w/ their chopped zest, some garlic, some ginger, maybe some chopped cilantro, a cored/seeded jalapeno, a tbsp of honey...again, tons of options.

grill 'em up, and save the leftovers.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
You can cook anything on a grill. if you get a grill plate you'll drop less food "into the fire".

I like to cook up tofu and veggies, then cut them up into bite sized chunks and use for tacos.

basicly, any food you like, you can grill. I personally tend to not marinate my veggies until they come off the grill.

old pic I've shown many times...

the grill is just another heat source, use it as such.... food doesn't have to be cooked and consumed right off the grill like a steak or burger, you can cook the food and then cut it up and add it to other items. and you can use a pan on a grill like you would on your stove.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
You can cook anything on a grill. if you get a grill plate you'll drop less food "into the fire".

I like to cook up tofu and veggies, then cut them up into bite sized chunks and use for tacos.

basicly, any food you like, you can grill. I personally tend to not marinate my veggies until they come off the grill.

old pic I've shown many times...

the grill is just another heat source, use it as such.... food doesn't have to be cooked and consumed right off the grill like a steak or burger, you can cook the food and then cut it up and add it to other items. and you can use a pan on a grill like you would on your stove.

Mmmmmmm. I hadn't thought of grilling tacos. Yummy!