Quantcast

calling all bighit owners

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The large BigHit has a 21" seat tube length. friggen retarded big.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
i'm 6'1 and have a 2001 large. it was pretty big but i didnt care. the seattube on it is extremely big as zark said. it depends how you like your bike to be

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
getting lots of different views on this, between here and mtbr.

ive only been sitting on mine, still waiting on bb and crankset. guess i'll just have to feel it out, see if i like it big. my large enduro just felt SO much smaller, i dont want to lose any flickability. thanks for all the input.

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
I'm 6', and have an 03 Small, oddly enough, and it definetly feels bigger than say, a small V10. i dont have the specific #'s, maybe someone here does, but i know for a fact that the large is big for my buddy who's 6'4...
now that i think of it, height is only one varible and not necessarily the most important one. inseam right? i was just thinking holy batman if i was 6'4" this would DEFINITELY fit fine, i can stand over it finenow , just a tad nut rub but nothing major at 6'.

then i remember i had a roomate once who was 6'4", but his inseam was 33, just like mine. he just had a long ass upperbody. so he always rode the same size bike as me for the most part.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Hmm you guys must be measuring your heights with a pinkbike ruler or something... :biggrin: Seriously though, I ride a medium and am 5'10 - 5'11 and it fits perfect, if anything it rides like a smaller bike than a larger one.

I've also had lots of ride time on a large (03) and it is a little longer in the cockpit and wheelbase but still doesn't feel very different to my medium. If I was 6' + i'd likely ride a large.

If you guys are coming off smaller bikes it might take some getting used to the big one, but coming off other DH bikes I definitely wouldn't class the bighit as large (at all...)! Maybe try shorter stems, lower seat heights, and seat moved all the way forward on the rails with a zero setback post (thomson etc).

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
im 5'10 and ride a small with the biglink and a boxxer. I like smaller bikes personally. I am so happy with this bike after cracking a gt dhi. Takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

avalanche165

Monkey
Aug 15, 2006
im rocking the 6" rear travel link right now, where do i start looking to do the conversion? i have a dhx 4.0, 8.75 x 2.75 right now.