Quantcast

Calling for Salem, OR

L

luelling

Alright, I did this once before when I first moved up here bout six months ago. I met some cool people, but never really hooked up and got numbers(my bad).

I'm look for some people to ride DH, MX, XC or road with on the weekend. I know some local pros for XC and road, but I'm really lacking in the DH area and need some people to ride and kick it with. It would be really cool to find someone who races and freerides.(damn, this sounds like a personals ad).

Anyway...looking for someone to kick it with at the trails and maybe some urban. BTW...for the women, my old lady rides some and she has a nice bike. She is pretty crazy on her hardtail when pushed and I would like to see if she could find some women too hang out with and ride (we don't have many friends up here).

elRey

Turbo Monkey
There are always chill people at falls city on saturdays and sundays.
If you just go out there you will meet a lot of people. If you have never been here is the site: http://www.blackrockfreeride.org

its a big freeride area near salem, and on a nice weekend there will be dozens of people there throughout the day. And its not that big and definately not hard to find people to hit the trail with.

L

luelling

elRey said:
There are always chill people at falls city on saturdays and sundays.
If you just go out there you will meet a lot of people. If you have never been here is the site: http://www.blackrockfreeride.org

its a big freeride area near salem, and on a nice weekend there will be dozens of people there throughout the day. And its not that big and definately not hard to find people to hit the trail with.
I've been out there several times, but I was always the tag along :dead: I'm the nerd kid no one wants to hang out with :( I guess I should just be more social. I have tagged along with a few groups so I could learn some of the trails.

On a side note the two new trails going on out there are sick. I'm glad to see a big step up in skill level...and again, I've only lived here for short time but I definetily appreciate all of the time and effort people put into the trails out there.

L

luelling

I'm down to ride with anyone, but it would be cool to find someone to train for DH with. It doesn't even matter if its a Beginner (I race semi-pro) as long as they are focused and open. I guess maybe thats what I'm looking for. I know all the hardcore XC racers locally so I train physically with them, but I need some DH buddies to drink some beer with and shred some trails

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I think the majority of the RM posters here are from Washington.

Just about everyone I know somehow traces back to SST.

Have you checked the mtbr and pinkbike forums as well?

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Is your first name Brett? Keep coming to Falls City and you'll be knee deep in riding and drinking buddies in no time. If you're who I think you are, we're even starting to recognize you. :-)

On busy weekends we see a smattering of ladies riding, but it might be harder for your missus to find a group to hang with. I know there are several woman who race DH during the summer and ride Blackrock, so just dragging her to some of your race weekends (and luring her into some racing) might be enough to develop a cirlce of dh friends. At any rate, see you out there soon - weather looks good for Sunday and Grannies Kitchen is now cut through down to the road above Basic Training - has a nice big hillside launch as a finishing rush. :-) http://www.blackrockfreeride.org/mx/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=318

L

luelling

oddblob said:
Is your first name Brett? Keep coming to Falls City and you'll be knee deep in riding and drinking buddies in no time. If you're who I think you are, we're even starting to recognize you. :-)

On busy weekends we see a smattering of ladies riding, but it might be harder for your missus to find a group to hang with. I know there are several woman who race DH during the summer and ride Blackrock, so just dragging her to some of your race weekends (and luring her into some racing) might be enough to develop a cirlce of dh friends. At any rate, see you out there soon - weather looks good for Sunday and Grannies Kitchen is now cut through down to the road above Basic Training - has a nice big hillside launch as a finishing rush. :-) http://www.blackrockfreeride.org/mx/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=318
Sorry I didn't make it up...I had an XC race (the mudsligner...what can I say I'm race wh***). You know me eh? Is that good or bad? Did I get drunk at the bar and puke on your shoes?? :) J/K. I think I'm going to about a 7 hour ride on my cyclocross bike on Sat this weekend (I may actually ride to fall city and do some of the trails)..but on Sunday I was going to go out and just ride DH on my M3 (I think more people know that bike, bright red). I do have to say, its prolly my fault for not striking up conversations, but everyone I've met here has been super cool and appreciate that.