Quantcast

Calling Humboldt area riders!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Yo! Help a brotha's brotha out!

I have a very good friend who lives in Humboldt and has finally finished getting his Foes Fly together and ready to ride. He just signed up here so not many people know him... SO... I was wonderig if any of you Humbolt area riders could help him out and maybe show him some nice spots to ride. He's up for anything but he could really use some nice tasty DH runs to break in the Fly.

I decided to post this here in hopes that someone might be willing to share a spot or two with my buddy. His handle on here is KINDTRAILS, and you can PM either him or myself with info. I can vouch for him that he is a responsible rider who won't start spreading ride spot info if it's on the down low and all that. He gets out and rides what he knows but we're sure that there's some good trails out there he doesn't know about yet. He's a good rider and a super nice guy. :)

Sadly I haven't gone up there to visit yet, but that's on this years agenda. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
I'll be up there this weekend (taking my son back to school).
I plan on riding Sunday morning, the20'th ...
Not sure where yet, maybe just Arcata Community Forest, or I'll drive up to Prairie Creek State Park.

I'd love to ride w/someone else, every time I'm up there I ride alone.
He can also get in touch with these guys: http://www.teambigfoot.net/

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I'd love to ride, but I got to do it during the week. My lady gets pissed when I take off to go riding on the weekend. I'll talk to some buddies....What kind of riding? Trail, Downhill? Arcata Comm. forest is cool- just be ready for some climbing. I hear Prarie Creek is nice. I have done a bunch of hiking there, but I have yet to take my bike there.

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
kindtrails said:
... ride...during the week.
Come November I'll be back there for a week, perhaps during the x-giving weekend if it 's not raining :nopity:
kindtrails said:
....What kind of riding? Trail, Downhill?
I ride XC, maybe a little "All Mountain/FreeR" :monkey:
kindtrails said:
.Arcata Comm. forest is cool- just be ready for some climbing...
In the city park? You got to be kidding, it's maybe 1500' max gain in 2 or 3 miles, that's not a lot of climbing :rolleyes:

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I rode the red gate trail in Kneeland again yesterday. It was a lot more fun now that I am in better shape! Sweet waterbar jumps every 50 feet! I read this acrticle in MBA about jumping...how you have to push down to load your suspension before you lift up.....Wow it works! I launched the jumps! hopped over some downed logs. That ride is so fun!