Quantcast

~~~Cambodia Independence Day GMT~~~~~~

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
you heard right today is cambodia's independence day, not sure how to celebrate it but enjoy it. anyway got nothing plained today other then school but i got friday off. so i think im gonna end up going to highland and doing some dh of one last time. be safe out there monkeys.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why everyone in the US has friday off? Do you celebrate Polish independence? I'm also quite happy I have friday off. I learned my lesson for the past 2 weeks - do not work with your friends, even if they seem like hard working people. Scaled down our offer for a client and for the first time in a few days I'm finally happy.
Plan on doing some biking for the first time since my surgery. That and going to adio expo to get some info on a super duper DAC that suposdly makes your cd player sound like it was a 3k$ one for just 500$. I guess my studies have some benefits after all.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Happy birthday Carl Sagan!

Anniversary: Kristallnacht “Crystal Night” or “Night of Broken Glass” was named for the smashed and broken glass of store windows as mobs and troops turned on Jewish residents in towns throughout Germany. Businesses and Synagogues were burned or destroyed while bonfires consumed Jewish prayer books and Torah scrolls.

Yesterday, one of the guys brought in his Harley. I told him to bring it in today and I would bring in my big camera and shoot it for him.

Today is yet again more of the same.

Be safe out there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I was at school for over 12 hours yesterday :eek: so I am really looking forward to a long weekend away from school. Emergency Alert System Test today at 2pm for those of you who have missed it!

More coffee please...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, I'm ready for the weekend to be here. A few of us beer nerds are going to Three Floyds Brewery over the weekend for the XV beer release party. Should be a crazy time filled with very rare beer and many metal bands playing on stage (including Municipal Waste :rockout:)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Morning monkeys, I'm ready for the weekend to be here. A few of us beer nerds are going to Three Floyds Brewery over the weekend for the XV beer release party. Should be a crazy time filled with very rare beer and many metal bands playing on stage (including Municipal Waste :rockout:)

Beer + Metal? Why the hell we don't have events like these here? Outside of the fact that metalheads here at total knobs.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Morning monkeys!

Happy birthday Carl Sagan!

Anniversary: Kristallnacht “Crystal Night” or “Night of Broken Glass” was named for the smashed and broken glass of store windows as mobs and troops turned on Jewish residents in towns throughout Germany. Businesses and Synagogues were burned or destroyed while bonfires consumed Jewish prayer books and Torah scrolls.

Yesterday, one of the guys brought in his Harley. I told him to bring it in today and I would bring in my big camera and shoot it for him.

Today is yet again more of the same.

Be safe out there.
:rofl: you got the same web site as me

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You should spend some time in Sweden. In Flames, next week.
I'm not really a death metal guy. I'm more into High on Fire, older Mastodon, Red Fang, Sunn o))) maybe Cynic or Godflesh. Though tbh I don't think about myself as a metal guy, I just tend to end up on some concerts.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have three repairs totalling for 11 flag hours waiting for me today, and seven more Diags also already waiting at the shop....... Our wonderfull new counter man has promised everything done today......... No way it will happen, customers are going to be pissed, going to let him explain how he overpromised. I may get answers on a few of the diags, but no way its all getting done.

Going to be a long day

splat

Nam I am
Last night did a night ride. , With New Shoes N, new Cleats , new pedals, and dummy me didn't wear my shin gaurds. 3 slo-mo's later I have some good bruise.

And on the 11th day, God returned our electricity.
Nice!

highland is still open during the week?
just this Last Friday and then Saturday is there last day for the season.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
I'm not really a death metal guy. I'm more into High on Fire, older Mastodon, Red Fang, Sunn o))) maybe Cynic or Godflesh. Though tbh I don't think about myself as a metal guy, I just tend to end up on some concerts.
I'm not a die hard metalhead either, I'm mostly into old school punk and hardcore. Although I definitely enjoy some good metal from time to time.

Last edited:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
The girlfriend decided she was starting a diet last night, which means I get to start a diet as of last night. Spent the morning making vegetarian chili, pretty much goes against everything I believe in.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hmmn supposed to have a good storm with winds hit Thursday and last through Saturday. I guess its time to do a test fire of the generator and fill up the fuel cans so I don't sit in the dark for 11 days like IAB

on edit

it fired up on the 5th pull. I can run everything in the house at the same time with this puppy

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Weird, you edited it as I quoted you apparently.

AND THAT IS WHY I BITCHED OUT QUO FAN FOR NOT STATING THE DAY IN THE GMT TITLES!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mellow day today. Lifted and ran this morning, then I'll be getting dinner with Nick tonight. I got about 30 emails this morning, mostly from forums that I had forgotten was a member of, for my birthday. This is the fourth or fifth year rolling now that I have forgotten it. Hell, dinner tonight is the closest thing I have done for a birthday celebration in just as long.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mellow day today. Lifted and ran this morning, then I'll be getting dinner with Nick tonight. I got about 30 emails this morning, mostly from forums that I had forgotten was a member of, for my birthday. This is the fourth or fifth year rolling now that I have forgotten it. Hell, dinner tonight is the closest thing I have done for a birthday celebration in just as long.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Did your wife forget too?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm not a die hard metalhead either, I'm mostly into old school punk and hardcore. Although I definitely enjoy some good metal from time to time.
Do you by any chance stay a lot in indie coffee shops? Just kidding. Apparently all my friends who laughed at me for listening to punk and hardcore 8-10 years ago are now die hard hardcore guys who go to squat concerts etc. First they took the nerds now this, it is like a hipster plague. Not that I think thats a bad thing(probably one of the few people on rm who doesnt want to start an anti hipster KKK), just a bit ironic.

Crabjoe - I dont really know and I dont care. I remember I tried to listen to them long ago and I hated it. Dont really remember why so I took the first idea from wiki. I tend to get lazy when I try to multitask at work between RM and writing silly media articles about the pharmaceutical market.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Do you by any chance stay a lot in indie coffee shops? Just kidding. Apparently all my friends who laughed at me for listening to punk and hardcore 8-10 years ago are now die hard hardcore guys who go to squat concerts etc. First they took the nerds now this, it is like a hipster plague. Not that I think thats a bad thing(probably one of the few people on rm who doesnt want to start an anti hipster KKK), just a bit ironic.
Na, coffee shops are definitely not my scene. Irish pubs and beer bars are more my scene. I'm the guy who listened and went to punk shows 15yrs ago and talks about how kids now a days listen to crap... I laugh in the face of trendy hipsters. My first show was the Ramones back in 1995.

Last edited: