Quantcast

camera question

mcrae2112

Chimp
Mar 15, 2006
Duvall
So, I got a question for any photog monkeys here again. Right now I have a 350D which is doing me alright but I have the oppotunity to get rid of it and get a 10D for cheap. I don't know much about the 10D so I wanted to get some input on if it would be much of a step up from the xt. Also if it is any good for action and sports shooting. I have heard good things about the 20D so would it be better to cough up some more money for that? Any info or advice would help.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
your xt will be better than the 10d....you can probably find a 20d at a closeout price since the 30d has been out for a while. it has the same image sensor as the xt but is better sealed and i na stronger body as well as little faster. i personally wouldnt get rid of the XT and get a 10d.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
A 10D will also be significantly heavier than the XT. The 20D is noticeably lighter than the 10D though (although still heavier, but much stronger than the XT).

This is the magnesium frame of the 30D. It's simialr to the ones of the 10 and 20D's.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It depends, the XT has a slightly newer sensor and AF mechanism. The 10 however isn't a gigantic piece of flimsy plastic. I have a 1dmk2 and will not be getting rid of my 10d anytime soon. It's rugged and the pictures out of it are really good, it is just slow.

I would take a 10d (old AF and sensor and all) over a 350 anyday. If you can however, get yourself a used 20d.