Quantcast

Camleback

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I was wondering how do you lot clean your camleback bladder out because i find that if you wash it out on the day that you last used it and then leave it but then come to the day when you want to use it again there are like sticky stains in side it is there any product out there which can help.

Jason

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
that reminds me, i've got a bladder that i haven't emptied out in about 4 months sitting somewhere in my closet.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I was wondering how do you lot clean your camleback bladder out because i find that if you wash it out on the day that you last used it and then leave it but then come to the day when you want to use it again there are like sticky stains in side it is there any product out there which can help.

Jason
Fill it up about half way and add a half cap of bleach. Shake it around, let it set, shake it some more, repeat , repeat, drain, rinse, rinse again.

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Tablespoon of Bicabonate of Soda
Teaspooon of uncooked rice
Glass of water

Close and shake, rinse clean.

A bit less toxic than bleach.

Little story..... I have a camelbak magic (among others). The fabric loops that hold the bungee cords have started ripping. Of couse I can't find the receipt - it's about a year old. So I emailed them and they sent me an RMA number and told me to send it back and they'll replace it.

Another good customer service company for sure!

btw, stick it in the freezer and you'll never have to clean it.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I have tried a bunch of cleaning methods, and many of the ones above work. (I like the freezer trick until Bek started storing damn frozen vegetables in there and I lost my spot!)

I have a bunch of "B-Brite" for washing my bottles when I homebrew, and found that it doesn't leave a taste at all in the bladder, and cleans it pretty well.

I will say that I bought a "Nalgene" replacement bladder just to check it out, and because one of my Camelback bladders got to the point where I couldn't get the funky taste out of it no matter what I tried. I have yet to wash the nalgene bladder (2 months old) and it still has no taste (just like the day I bought it)

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THE NALGENE BLADDER if you cant get the taste out of your camelback bladder.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Little story..... I have a camelbak magic (among others). The fabric loops that hold the bungee cords have started ripping. Of couse I can't find the receipt - it's about a year old. So I emailed them and they sent me an RMA number and told me to send it back and they'll replace it.

Another good customer service company for sure!

btw, stick it in the freezer and you'll never have to clean it.

:stupid:

I just drain anything left and put in the fridge or freezer. There is no food in there so stinky muddy camelback is fine.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
i have one of thoes hydrotitainum bladders and have yet to clean it, it is 8 mounths old and there is still no taste in it.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Tablespoon of Bicabonate of Soda
Teaspooon of uncooked rice
Glass of water

Close and shake, rinse clean.

A bit less toxic than bleach.
I do the same. If it is a new Camelbak bladder then following the initial rinse, I also use a few drops of lemon juice to kill the taste.

In the last few years I've switched to all Platypus or Nalgene bladders, neither of which have a plastic taste.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
Another vote for the rinse out immediately and stick in the freezer. method.

The newer antimicrobial bladders help and Camelbak continues to do R&D to address unwelcome "growth" issues.