Quantcast

Camo Bike Frame

green1

Chimp
Jul 25, 2011
Been wanting to add a camo finish to my bike frame. Has anyone heard of "camo dipping" or "hydro printing" ? This seems to be the best option to get that effect.

I have found this DIY camo dip kit as well - www.camodipkit.com

Anyone know much about this stuff?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good luck. You need to strip the bike to just the frame with everything - Headset, bottom bracket, any suspension parts, etc - removed. Once that's done, you will need to seal the frame so that it doesn't fill up with paint. Then, put it all back together.

Unless you are hiding from the deer while riding, it probably isn't worth it.

That being said, given that you have one post, your login is 'green1', a link to a specific website and tags filled out accordingly.... How's the spam and eggs where you're at?

JayBear

Monkey
Been wanting to add a camo finish to my bike frame. Has anyone heard of "camo dipping" or "hydro printing" ? This seems to be the best option to get that effect.

I have found this DIY camo dip kit as well - www.camodipkit.com

Anyone know much about this stuff?
That stuff sucks..
Heres what you do... Take a sawzall or any circular saw with a metal blade, gouge the frame up real good, making sure to hit the welds twice, then just throw green, black, and tan on it..Pimp for sure

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
.... what if this person is just new to RM and posted an honest question? Did you guys neg rep him into oblivion just cuz he hasn't had a chance to follow up on his thread?