Quantcast

Camp food..........

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Where is the sausages?

To wrap the butter soaked bacon with.

I love Bacon, even the word rocks........Bacon.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
if you're a vegan, why do you want the taste of meat, even if it isn't meat?

And I'm not trying to inflame anyone or anything. Two of the clients I cook for actively don't want meat 'substitutes' that taste like meat. So, no fake bacon or pepperoni or hotdogs or whatever.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
there are about 3 million reasons for not eating meat, some of which do not include dislike for the taste of real meat.

I personally like veggie bacon, its like one long bacon bit.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Nobody said:
if you're a vegan, why do you want the taste of meat, even if it isn't meat?

And I'm not trying to inflame anyone or anything. Two of the clients I cook for actively don't want meat 'substitutes' that taste like meat. So, no fake bacon or pepperoni or hotdogs or whatever.
I'm not a vegan, I am a vegetarian, and I don't eat meat for health reasons, mostly......... (cancer, diabetes, heart problems).

Some people don't like the taste. I do like the taste. I just won't eat it.

It's kinda like turning down a hot fudge sundae because you know it's not that good for you.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I guess I can understand the fake bacon, after all I have seen people drink N/A beer and I like artificial colors and flavors.

Still won't see me eaten fake meat though.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
geargrrl said:
don't you know how a dutch oven works? you control your temp with charcoal briquets, that's how it cooks.
I'm only give ya crap. Yeah I know how it works. Some people control the temperature with real wood coals, not charcoal products. I use enough petroleum at home. :)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
hmm- i have never seen anyone use wood to control temp. We river raft with some amazing DO chefs, and everyone uses charcoal. You learn something every day.

;-)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
MudGrrl said:
I'm not a vegan, I am a vegetarian, and I don't eat meat for health reasons, mostly......... (cancer, diabetes, heart problems).

Some people don't like the taste. I do like the taste. I just won't eat it.

It's kinda like turning down a hot fudge sundae because you know it's not that good for you.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Sorry if i sound inflammatory, that's not my desire.

Dietary preferences are much easier for me to work with. My two Vegan clients are neo-Buddhist and it's very confusing sometimes to work out different menus that don't constantly repeat.

Thanks.

Peace out, y'all.

And I just adore blueberries!!!!!