Quantcast

camping at snowshoe?

dru

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
va
What's up with camping at or near snowshoe? I don't like campgrounds.
What about a cheap motel?
thanks

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Do a Ridemonkey search for Silvercreek camping, or there's a hotel at the bottom of the mountain, not sure what the rates are.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
you can camp in the Silvercreek parking lot like Brad said.

i don't understand how you want information for camping and don't like campgrounds....am i missing something?

cheap motel? hahahah. closest one that could be classified as "cheap" is in Marlinton. The Marlinton Motor Inn,about 30-40 minutes south on 219.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
you can camp at silvercreek for free and for $5 a day you can get a pass for the showers and the pool ,and hot tub. don't camp out on the slopes public safety will get on you. i camped there every time i went there before i moved there for 5 years its safe,and you can have a fire and no one will bother you. so come on up and have a great time riding all of our new stuff. the mtn.-x course and the 3 trails down that way are closed, for the construction of the MONSTER PARK. but everything else is open!!! later kalan

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
banche said:
you can camp at silvercreek for free and for $5 a day you can get a pass for the showers and the pool ,and hot tub. don't camp out on the slopes public safety will get on you. i camped there every time i went there before i moved there for 5 years its safe,and you can have a fire and no one will bother you. so come on up and have a great time riding all of our new stuff. the mtn.-x course and the 3 trails down that way are closed, for the construction of the MONSTER PARK. but everything else is open!!! later kalan

yup yup, the new stuff is HOT (thanks!) and the slivercreek lot is free :thumb:

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
The Inn at Snowshoe, where the shuttle picks up riders from the Western Territory trails is fairly cheap. Ask for the mountain bike package, call into reservations as well. Sometimes they will offer specials that the online reservation site does not.