Quantcast

Campy Rebuild

splat

Nam I am
I just had to have my Campy Shifter ( there right one , rear derailer ) rebuilt , it is over 10 years old , 8 speed velouce. well I took it to my LBs who in turn sent it out. got it back a little over a week. $45 and they told me it doesn't matter what type it is they only use Record Parts.

man does this thing Shift nice and crisp again !! :banana::banana:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Thats a nice deal. :)

I had my shimano 105 plastic cap come off the brake\shift lever and they want like 30 bucks for it. I now ride with an exposed bolt. ;)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
oddly enough, when i rebuild shifters, i replace 'Record' parts with non-Record parts. More reliable and more responsive.

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
I just had to have my Campy Shifter ( there right one , rear derailer ) rebuilt , it is over 10 years old , 8 speed velouce. well I took it to my LBs who in turn sent it out. got it back a little over a week. $45 and they told me it doesn't matter what type it is they only use Record Parts.

man does this thing Shift nice and crisp again !! :banana::banana:
I am glad you like the service :) I try to turn around the shifters as quickly as poss. and yes your Veloce internals are record.

BTW I am the service center manager at campy

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so can you get me/ the shop one of those badass Campy Ergo Power repair stands?

And do you have clues about what the internals look like on the new stuff?

what about 28h Record/ Chorus hubs...got any of those laying around?

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
so can you get me/ the shop one of those badass Campy Ergo Power repair stands?

And do you have clues about what the internals look like on the new stuff?

what about 28h Record/ Chorus hubs...got any of those laying around?
Thats a big fat negative on the stand...... Try a 5 mil in a vice.....

The new 2009 Ultrashift uses the same technology is our current flat bar shifters.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24964147@N07/sets/72157606586169004/
The hub shells are a premium item. we currently do not have them in stock. Try the nice folks at euro-asia imports.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Euro Asia is out also. I was told y'all had the shells, but I have no way to swap the 'drive ring' (?) from one shell to what y'all have in stock.

Those photos come from one of you guys, or is that one of the photo sets that was sent to Campy of a Centaur shifter?