Quantcast

Can anyone help me set up my suspension properly?

stuntmanmike

Chimp
May 20, 2008
Hey,
I have read both manuals(ft & rear) over & over & over but its like reading Greek to me....
I have a Rock shox Totem solo air fork & a Fox DHX 5 air rear shock.
When setting the "sag"on both I just seem to get lost. Do I let the air out till meets the line where i marked the sag or do I play w/ the adjustments to try & get them down to the line?
I bought a shock pump & added the proper amount of air for my weight but both shocks are still rock hard.In fact I almost got thrown off this weekend because the rebound was like a spring board on a flat landing.
Please if anyone is familiar w/this type of shock & fork,
Any help would really be appreciated....

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
To set the sag properly on your fork and shock, make sure you have your dampers fully open (i.e. shock: pro-pedal knob & switch fully counter-clockwise, 125psi in boost valve, bottom out canister fully counter-clockwise; fork: floodgate deactivated/pushed in, high-speed/silver knob and low-speed/blue know compression fully counter-clockwise). After that, sit with your riding gear on (if it's a lot and significantly changes your weight) and measure the sag on your fork & shock. Add or remove air in the air spring of both until you reach your desired sag percentage (15-25% for XC, 20-30% for FR, 25-35% for DH) then you can mess with damper settings.