Quantcast

Can Lg-1 guide go with a M3

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Can I install a Lg-1 guide with an ISCG 05 mount on my M3 frame?
No. Your M3 has the standard ISCG pattern. You'll have to get a different backplate from e.thirteen.

You might be able to use a ISCG adapter, but then will probably run into spacing problems.

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Yeah I have an 05 frame and it has the old style ISCG mounts. If that helps.

Has anyone ever put an LG-1 on an 05 model M3 with the 73mm BB? I am about to attempt it.

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
Problems, lots of problems to get the thing into the right line. Couldn't find the right spacers. Switched to MRP system 3 Carbon. Same weight as LG1.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Problems, lots of problems to get the thing into the right line. Couldn't find the right spacers. Switched to MRP system 3 Carbon. Same weight as LG1.
The Lg1 fits an M3 without a problem. Not sure how you had issues, but its a pretty simple install. Was the guide you were using new? The spacers come with the systems and are color coded for easy setup. The LG1 is lighter than a System 3 Carbon. The System 3 Carbon weighs 260g, the LG1 weighs 195g.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Can I install a Lg-1 guide with an ISCG 05 mount on my M3 frame?
I am not sure if the latest M3 frames are ISCG or ISCG05, you can check your frame and verify pretty easily. ISCG05 has a larger bolt pattern than ISCG. If you have an ISCG frame, then you will need an ISCG backplate, but if your LG1 is brand new, you should call e.thirteen or e-mail the guys in the office. They will help you out. 978 537 9313, or support@e13components.com.

The LG1 itself will fit an M3 no problem. Kovarik has been on one for 3 seasons now.

Dave

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Okey Dokey, just in case anyone is interested,

I spent last night fitting an LG-1 (ISCG-OLD) to an 05 M3 frame.

I am using Diabolus cranks and BB, and all I had to do was file off a bit off the plastic back plate for the lower roller so that it could fit under the chainstay a bit better and I could rotate the guide into the correct position.

I thought this would be the case with the 73mm bottom bracket. I had a SRS guide on there before and it needed a fair bit of grinding of the back plate to sit properly.

All sweet, love your work DW.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Okey Dokey, just in case anyone is interested,

I spent last night fitting an LG-1 (ISCG-OLD) to an 05 M3 frame.

I am using Diabolus cranks and BB, and all I had to do was file off a bit off the plastic back plate for the lower roller so that it could fit under the chainstay a bit better and I could rotate the guide into the correct position.

I thought this would be the case with the 73mm bottom bracket. I had a SRS guide on there before and it needed a fair bit of grinding of the back plate to sit properly.

All sweet, love your work DW.
Grinding? What? That does not sound right. A wide angle back plate does not require any modification if the tabs are welded on correctly. Then again, ISCG05 addresses several issues with ISCG old pattern.

Any more questions then drop a line to support@e13components.com

Kovarik likes the e.thirteen gear. He won Mont Saint Anne with it. :)

Michael
e.thirteen

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
The Lg1 fits an M3 without a problem. Not sure how you had issues, but its a pretty simple install. Was the guide you were using new? The spacers come with the systems and are color coded for easy setup. The LG1 is lighter than a System 3 Carbon. The System 3 Carbon weighs 260g, the LG1 weighs 195g.

Dave
If you add 1/4 of a bash guard to protect the chain ring they will weight the same.

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Grinding? What? That does not sound right. A wide angle back plate does not require any modification if the tabs are welded on correctly. Then again, ISCG05 addresses several issues with ISCG old pattern.

Any more questions then drop a line to support@e13components.com

Kovarik likes the e.thirteen gear. He won Mont Saint Anne with it. :)

Michael
e.thirteen

I think it was just a problem with the 05 m3 frames. They have a 73 mm bottom bracket and the ISCG tabs sit pretty much flush with the bottom swing link. The SRS I had needed grinding of that bottom part of the boomerang so that the swing link could move without rubbing on it. Also, the top corner of the top end of the boomerang needed grinding down so that it didn't hit the rear triangle.

With the 06-07 m3's, the bottom bracket was changed to 83mm and so the ISCG tabs sit further out and miss all of that.