Quantcast

Can you by effect reduce the 2010 boxxer travel

SCARY

Not long enough
by,say 1/2" bycranking down the bottoming knob ?I run my stuff pretty stiff I guess,and have yet to use all the travel.So I figured I could lower the bike a bit by sliding the forks up some.it's a 224 if that matters.I could test it...but I'd probably hurt myself some more...

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You can only do this on a boxxer worldcup (easily anyway). If it's a WC, simply put more plastic spacers below the air piston - you can probably find all travel spacers from a different RS fork that will work. Make sure you don't use anything metal. If you have a team or race it'll get complicated (need to do the same spacing, extending the topout spring/bumper, however you also have to cut the spring or reduce preload to match).

Either way, don't just crank the bottom out and then lower the fork in the crowns, it will likely get messy when you land something hard (lowers slamming into crowns etc).

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
yea thanks, I am thinkin about taking up a new hobby since some A@# H&LE lit my mountain on fire. Probably no riding up here for weeks. I am currently taking suggustions for a new hobby

fatnslow

Chimp
May 10, 2010
All the best hobbies involve dirt and hills - mountain biking, motocross, rallye driving, etc... So if your mountain is on fire, you might just be SOL... Maybe you can live in your bedroom an play World of Warcraft 20 hours a day until the fires go out...

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
That sounds thrilling. almost as fun as riding around town on one of those stupid hipster bikes.