Quantcast

Canada described as 'retarded cousin' by U.S.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hummmmm..........

:confused:

Canada described as 'retarded cousin' by U.S. pundit, in spate of attacks
BETH GORHAM
Mon Dec 19, 3:40 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CP) - Canada has been described lately by a conservative U.S. television host as "a stalker" and a "retarded cousin."

Another pundit recently asked if Canadians weren't getting "a little too big for their britches." There's been a spate of Canada-bashing by right-wing media commentators in the United States ever since Prime Minister Paul Martin's complaints about lumber penalties and U.S. policy on climate change. His remarks prompted an unusual rebuke last week from the American ambassador.

The attacks on Canada have had web bloggers typing overtime and a non-profit group that's monitoring the trend, Media Matters for America, says it's disturbing.

Yet Paul Waldman, a senior fellow for the group, said Monday the criticism is confined to the usual faction that erupts whenever there's criticism of President George W. Bush's administration and it probably won't last past Canada's Jan. 23 election.

"There are always going to be occasions when it pops up. But Canada is never going to occupy an extraordinary amount of American thought," said Waldman.

"It's more like: 'Who can we beat on today?' It's never going to reach the heights of animosity toward France in the run-up to the Iraq war."

Last week, MSNBC host Tucker Carlson, a well-known conservative pundit, let loose with a string of anti-Canada rants.

"Anybody with any ambition at all, or intelligence, has left Canada and is now living in New York," he said.

"Canada is a sweet country. It is like your retarded cousin you see at Thanksgiving and sort of pat him on the head. You know, he's nice but you don't take him seriously. That's Canada."

Carlson also said it's pointless to tell Canada to stop criticizing the United States.

"It only eggs them on. Canada is essentially a stalker, stalking the United States, right? Canada has little pictures of us in its bedroom, right?"

"It's unrequited love between Canada and the United States. We, meanwhile, don't even know Canada's name. We pay no attention at all," he said.

The day before, Fox News host Neil Cavuto highlighted Martin's remark at a news conference that the United States is a "reticent nation" lacking a "global conscience" on climate change.

"So have the Canadians gotten a little too big for their britches?" Cavuto asked.

"Could our neighbours to the north soon be our enemies?"

Douglas MacKinnon, a press secretary to former Republican senator Bob Dole, also recently accused Canada of harbouring terrorists.

"Can Canada really be considered our friend anymore?" he asked in a recent commentary in the right-wing Washington Times newspaper.

"What other question can be asked when the Canadian government not only willingly allows Islamic terrorists into their country but does nothing to stop them from entering our nation?"

U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins warned Martin last week to tone down anti-American jabs or risk hurting bilateral relations. But Martin was unrepentant, saying he would "not be dictated to" by the United States and his hard line appears to be resonating with some voters.

While the offensive from American pundits isn't widespread, it still has the potential to affect cross-border ties, said Waldman.

"On Capitol Hill, the TVs are turned to Fox News. This kind of media environment is what the White House pays attention to," he said.

"That hostility is probably shared by a lot of people in the administration."

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
I like to think of N8 as my retarded cousin.
Along with his retarded president.

oops. I guess I shouldn't insult retarded people by associating them with bush.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I like to think of Canada as my retarded cousin.

Who I touch inappropriately on occasion because she doesn't know any better.

what? why are you staring at me like that?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:

It's going to be OK Canada... just show us on the doll where B.V. touched you....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
binary visions said:

LMAO! :p :p

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
According to NationMaster.com, the US is less literate than Canada. (Canada is 63rd and the US comes in at 68th). The US is also fattest.

So in reality the fat stupid one is calling the attractive, smart skinny one names.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Changleen said:
According to NationMaster.com, the US is less literate than Canada. (Canada is 63rd and the US comes in at 68th). The US is also fattest.

So in reality the fat stupid one is calling the attractive, smart skinny one names.
Can it you commonwealth pussy.

I got stars and bars tatooed on my sack while you were gettin free tylenol and band-aids.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
If Canada is the retarded cousin can Australia be the stupid uncle who always wears the lamp-shade on his head at family gatherings?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
valve bouncer said:
If Canada is the retarded cousin can Australia be the stupid uncle who always wears the lamp-shade on his head at family gatherings?
OK, but remember, that means you can't ever shave off that handlebar 'stache...

MD

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Westy said:
3 of the 4 Qebecastanis I know well rank up there as some of the coolest/nicest people I have ever met.
And 3 of 4 single female Montrealettes b/w ages of 18 and 35 are hot and sexually liberal.

Quebec is a province marred only by the novice Queebie snowboarders that block trails by sitting down in the middle of the glades at Jay Peak.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
ohio said:
And 3 of 4 single female Montrealettes b/w ages of 18 and 35 are hot and sexually liberal.

Quebec is a province marred only by the novice Queebie snowboarders that block trails by sitting down in the middle of the glades at Jay Peak.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! that's fricken awesome. I can't date Montréal girls anymore... and the sitting part... LMFAO.

anywho... about this anti-Canuck banter from retard right-wing pundits: the invalid that made the comment always wears a bow-tie. Now that's retarded.

The US needs our brains anyway. Without Canada, the States would be walking around with poopie in their pants. Now that's retarded.

People in the states KNOW that no one else likes them. Yet, they won't do anything about it. That's retarded too.

As for harbouring terrorists: the ones that caused 9/11 were in the US and never stepped foot in Canada. However, some right-wing pundits believe otherwise. That's really retarded.

Now, I fully and freely admit to my own retardation. I'm even a little proud of it. However, ignorant right-wing pundits are nothing more than rude bullies that should be pitied because they all wear depends. They're so stoooopid, they don't know how retarded they are.

Again, I think I lost my point. Oh well. Its good to be back.

Rock on and Happy Ho-Ho

olganga

Chimp
Dec 14, 2003
Sande , Norway
Canada being called retarded by US conservatives pushes Canada to the top of my "where-I-would-want-to-live-if-I-couldn't-live-in-Scandinavia-or-Europe-list".

Where US is on my list? Don't ask, I've no idea, maybe somwhere between Somalia and Sierra Leone.

Thanks N8, you're great help.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought Canada was the fat friend that was there to tell the US that we are popular and remind us that we are pretty?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
ohio said:

Precisely why I'm headed there for new years. They might be retarded, but they sure know how to run a tittie bar

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The Amish said:
Precisely why I'm headed there for new years. They might be retarded, but they sure know how to run a tittie bar
Oh, so all of a sudden "liberal" is a good thing?

JK, have fun and remember: no touchie... unless you pay for the VIP room.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
ohio said:

That is not a behavior exclusive to Quebecois.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Tucker Carlson wears a bow tie. What more do I need to say?

He's like a little boy in the playground pulling Canada's ponytail because he loves her so much, but his balls haven't dropped enough to move in yet.

"Retard Cousin"....The majority of your populous thought it would be a good idea to vote a chimpanzee into office for a second term Tucker.