Quantcast

Canberra World Cup

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Only if one is wearing it... (although female-class have another qouta: more is better)

sorry... :help: :twitch:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I watched Dumb & Dumber again on the way back from Snowshoe yesterday. Eurotrash skinsuits do rule!

Big props to Raid for posting boatloads of pics!!

Oh, and does anybody besides me think Gracia has shifted from cool out there French dude who gets all the girls with his wild style to drunken, lazy eyed smelly guy approaching 30 who creeps out younger women with drunken gibberish

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Oh, and does anybody besides me think Gracia has shifted from cool out there French dude who gets all the girls with his wild style to drunken, lazy eyed smelly guy approaching 30 who creeps out younger women with drunken gibberish
I donno, the line "hey baby, I have houses in the french alps" probably works pretty well on alot of girls.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
I watched Dumb & Dumber again on the way back from Snowshoe yesterday. Eurotrash skinsuits do rule!

Big props to Raid for posting boatloads of pics!!

yeah i do!! never thought he was that funny in the first place, just swears alot.
Warners worse tho in the creepy stakes, pushing 40 with dyed black semi long hair and flesh holes in his ear? hmm..
he is funny though

Raid: yeah great pics. that was the type of terrain i wanted to see in the actual race.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
on the podium. tracey and the others had their arms round each other, rachel held hers aloft and has skinsuits suck written on her forearms.
Ironicly, I just consider it British humor. Insults are compliments...making others pissed off is a win. If you get the other guys feathers ruffled, all the funnier. Next time, Tracey can hold up her arms with the words "First Loser is to my Right" or "Beaver teeth lost" or "Poofy pants are for posers" or "If you're not first, you're last" to get the next punchline.

My sense of humor is pretty brutal so that may be why I don't find it offensive. Me & my buddies used to offend each other laughing the whole time til one of us got pissed, then the rest laughed that much harder! Someone once told Jeremy R..."geez, I can't believe all you guys are teammates. It sounds like you hate each other." :rofl:

Rachel wore a skinsuit at Worlds so it's not hypocritical, it's comedy. Poor taste to do it on the podium rather than on her helmet at the next race or something...unless Tracey thinks it's funny.

Some of the best fun I've ever had was at Disney when my buddy worked there. He invited me down and after hitting the park, we took an hour out of the day to harrass soccer hooligans from the UK. The more you ripped on them, the more cranked up they got and the more they would laugh.:cheers:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah, much as I'd like to defend Rach here, I can't really. That's not british humour, it's sore loser. And she only wore one at the worlds because the BCF will have made her, like all the other UK riders (and indeed most nation's riders there).

FWIW I'm all for skinsuits, our sport is about getting down the hill in the quickest time. Rach should either wear one, or shut up about it, it's not like no-one had noticed that Tracy had a suit on.

I expect she's regretting/cringing about her podium antics already though, I'm sure it seemed a good idea at the time - we all make mistakes etc :)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Just a sore loser at the end of the day.
And theres always"who remembers 2nd place"....
haha

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Dont mention to him that he is French, he got quiet offended, "Im not a stinking French, Im Andorran"
Yeh the girls, played along for a while, after they were told who he was. They did laugh at him for being "over 40", but he never stood a chance as they did find him quiet creepy.

I think thats what Cedric has left "this party aura", he was considerably beaten in the first round of the 4x plus DH result wasnt great either.

With the whole skinsuit thing i didnt even notice Tracey was wearing one until, this thread, then it makes more sense. I guess i should have been more sober on the track :busted:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Dont mention to him that he is French, he got quiet offended, "Im not a stinking French, Im Andorran"
Yeh the girls, played along for a while, after they were told who he was. They did laugh at him for being "over 40", but he never stood a chance as they did find him quiet creepy.

I think thats what Cedric has left "this party aura", he was considerably beaten in the first round of the 4x plus DH result wasnt great either.

With the whole skinsuit thing i didnt even notice Tracey was wearing one until, this thread, then it makes more sense. I guess i should have been more sober on the track :busted:
I think the party-boy persona is just that, an image he's cultivated for himself quite successfully. As for his results not being up to par, he turned 30 this year and has been in the upper ranks of the world cup circuit going on 14 years (jr. world champ in '95). He can't keep going fast forever, only Peaty can do that.

woffa04

Chimp
Jul 10, 2005
Australia
Just thought I'd post a vid my brother made for all you to see :biggrin:

Well the dust has settled and the rain gone, the 08 UCI World Çup in Canberra is over for another year. Was a great weekend seeing many people from Farkin there. But of a shame about the weather but you can't do much about that.

Here is a little short film he made of the weekend. The film is almost 20mins and has interviews and shows much of the riding done at Stromlo...

He tried to keep the size down for all you megabyte weenies...

Enjoy..!

(20 mins/ 267mb)

Right Click ----> Save target as

http://www.mtbpicsonline.com/files/videos/08_canberra_wc2.mov

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle

Well the dust has settled and the rain gone, the 08 UCI World Çup in Canberra is over for another year. Was a great weekend seeing many people from Farkin there. But of a shame about the weather but you can't do much about that.

Here is a little short film he made of the weekend. The film is almost 20mins and has interviews and shows much of the riding done at Stromlo...

Enjoy..!

(20 mins/ 267mb)

http://www.mtbpicsonline.com/files/v...nberra_wc2.mov

bad link....

pinkgoat

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
Australia
Yeti podcast vid up. Great work again by Clay, personally wouldve liked to have seen a bit more of the downhill finals, but I guess he is saving it for his next video. Those last two hours on sunday afternoon were amazing...

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

Enjoy..!

(20 mins/ 267mb)

http://www.mtbpicsonline.com/files/videos/08_canberra_wc2.mov

really nice vid, took faking ages to load but was well worth it.

anyone know the name of the song when girl section comes on?