Quantcast

cane creek double barrel settings

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
what bike do you have and what settings in the shock do you use? (spring rate, rebound, compression etc)

drastic.

Monkey
May 16, 2011
pleasanton, ca
i dont understand how this will ever help people...

different bikes, different leverage ratios, different body weights, different body postures, different riding styles, different sag/reb/comp preferences are all going to greatly affect any significance in settings posted.

2c.

Oct 27, 2008
What I understand all shocks leave cane creek with the same setting. The shock is shimmed and set up for the frame it's gonna be put on. Factory setting is provided with the owners manual, if not get it on their website. Cane Creek Cycling Components :: Tech Center :: Suspension.

Hope someone on cane creek read this and could explain how it works better, we might be lucky.

I'm running a intense M9 and I only opened up low speed compression 4 clicks and the high speed rebound 1 turn to make it stick to the ground a bit better. I'm a fan of fast rocky and rooty trails and it made it better.
Size medium on the bike so I think it's a 400 lbs spring on it and is set with 4 full turns of preload. I'm weigh ~85 kg - 187 lbs with gear.