Quantcast

Canfield Bros. Lucky Proto

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
damn good lookin bike. needs an I-beam for sure. not feelin that wheelset either. great lookin bike though. CFB is rollin out some very nice frames.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Jimmy_Pop said:
damn good lookin bike. needs an I-beam for sure. not feelin that wheelset either. great lookin bike though. CFB is rollin out some very nice frames.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I just got my fist I-beam setup in the mail today and it's crazy light and it's still at full length.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bicyclist said:
That's exactly what I was thinking. I just got my fist I-beam setup in the mail today and it's crazy light and it's still at full length.
Naw, needs thomson/fizik. :)

Love the finish on that bike tho, satin blue looks really good.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Transcend said:
Naw, needs thomson/fizik. :)

Love the finish on that bike tho, satin blue looks really good.
I just took of my Thomson and put on an I-beam and dropped a fair ammount of weight in both the seat and post. (Although I do admit Thomson makes the best conventional posts.)

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Anyone have any more info on this bike? All it says on the site is it's a 6" frame. I see two shock mounts, is it 6 and 7 or 5 and 6.

It's a really nice looking frame but it's tough to say much without knowing more about the geometry and such.

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
the Lucky is supposed to be a 7"-8" travel bike.
(the Balance is the 5"-6")

if it has the right geometries and a high enough bb clearance, that could be my next purchase..

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Does anyone know when Lance is going to make it a production bike?

BTW, does anyone else think that adding HT gussets would make that bike look 100X meaner?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Radarr said:
Does anyone know when Lance is going to make it a production bike?

BTW, does anyone else think that adding HT gussets would make that bike look 100X meaner?
i believe the bike is steel, and if it's been built properly, they aren't nearly as necessary as on an aluminum bike.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Radarr said:
I thought the lack of gussets was a nice change from the norm...the frame looks so clean. Yay steel.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
all i can say is its a gorgeous bike and i love the saint componentry and the aclass kaprun.. i ahve been rocking the kaprun for over a years now and man do those wheel hold up.. extremely strong freeride wheels... great build

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
OGRipper said:
Sweet bike.

Not to derail but hey Radarr are you rocking a Rocco on a vp-free? Got a report?
Yeah, I am, but I see you already saw my thread about it. I'll report after this weekend probably, let everyone know how it is.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just bought a 06 FLY. If the Lucky was available, I would have bought one instead of the Fly. I want one in orange.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
tha is one nice bike, i have just noticed how clean the frame is, there is not much flashy stuff you see on fframes now, but it still lokks sick

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
that bike is seriously hawt, i agree with the beat build comments though...Needs:

Fox FOwty
King Headset
X.0 Stuff
Avid Juicy's
Thompson Stuff...

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Kanter said:
Im not a suspension guru but what suspension is the Lucky?
It's a floating rear end. Same thing as DW, VPP, Mastero. Everyone just tunes it a little differently.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
MTBSully said:
hows that 06 boxxer team feel? I might be puttin that on my DH bike.

someone on here has one, loooking forward to their opinons, awesome fork for the price
I think it is Jeenyus