Quantcast

Canfield Brothers! New ONE

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lance just got back and posted pics from his trip to bootleg this weekend.
This is the first prototype the decals will be differnet the finish will be anodized, HT will be 1.5, drop outs will be a 12x135 through axle, and then its up to you to rip it up!!!!

66 degree head angle with 180 fork
13.8 BB
17.25 CS
73 SA
31.6 seat tube
8.5 lbs with a rp23 shock
12x135 rear axle, not shipping with Maxle but is campatable. They are shipping with same axle setup as my jedi which is much lighter and doesn't loosen on you.

Last edited:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
wow, that is sweet!! everything has been revamped it looks like. new tubes, new links, revised rear triangle. looks great. :thumb:

i have to admit, i always like the semi-industrial look of my can-diggle though. good stuff.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
After just reading an article about the new SX on dirt..

it's hard for me not to draw comparisons looks-wise.. but sweet looking bike..

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I was never a fan of the interupted seat tube/bottom bracket area. However, they cleaned it up alot compared to the previous models. Looks alot cleaner now IMO.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
want more details!!! I talked to them about this a couple months ago. good to see pics start coming out!

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I got the check it out when Lance rolled through Utah this week. Its a cool frame for sure.
VM

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Looks wise I agree. However reading the article title goes a long way. This is NOT a SX Trail. It is the 4.2" SX frame. Worlds apart in the type of frame.
Typo on my end, I knew it was a SX, just for some reason put the trail on the end, and again I was only talking about the looks, no reason to draw any other comparisons.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
COlor wont be like the prototype its going to be anodized, not sure on the colors they are looking.
As far as it looking like a swoopy bike (mild S curve) the syren, tr450, sx, and so on all have swoopy bikes that all fit the same look! Its what the market apparently dictated. Good to see they are listening.
If used properly hydroformed tubes can result in better stiffness to weight ratios and overall cost savings. So hopefully it's not all about the market.

I want one.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
DAMN! Looks awesome!!! Nice upper link! All the little things appear to have been addressed. Direct mount FD, 1 piece upper link, fork/downtube clearance etc.

Will this replace the Diggle and the One?

Krispy

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
DAMN! Looks awesome!!! Nice upper link! All the little things appear to have been addressed. Direct mount FD, 1 piece upper link, fork/downtube clearance etc.

Will this replace the Diggle and the One?

Krispy
Its going to replace all of them. Diggle, Can Digle, One, Sauce.
VM

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
looks good . so do you already have one on order bully ?
LOL not yet Lance is sending the final changes today/tomorrow and then its 3 months out. Chris is on his way from Taiwan to Korea or somewhere right now and Ill bug him vie Skype or when he gets back.
But yeah I can definently see this is going in my garage no question. Been looking at freeride set ups that I can do AM on and I love the SX and a few others but nothing quite fit. This has parallel links small rearward to vert to forward and designated 12mm axle and a 1.5ht with a low BB.

So yea it hits the spot! I will be getting one!:thumb:

Make a nice bike for Bigbear built right....

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Looks sweet.

I am most curious about the seat tube length. Is the large going to be above 19 inches?

I also wish it was a little slacker. somewhere around 65 degrees with a totem would be sick.

I had thought of getting one for purely FR/DH but it seems its a little more on the AM side. It will be interesting to see the rest of the numbers though. I am definately not ruling it out for the future.

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Bike looks good, never been a big fan of the exaggerated hydro-form tubing, but that bike looks tits.
On a side note, what wheels are those? Are they AM Havoc's? I wasn't aware that you could get them in 12x135mm.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
The prototype has last years dropouts on it but the production version will have a 135 x 12 bolt on. Kinda surprised the Hovoc wheels held up to Bootleg.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Looks sweet.

I am most curious about the seat tube length. Is the large going to be above 19 inches?

I also wish it was a little slacker. somewhere around 65 degrees with a totem would be sick.

I had thought of getting one for purely FR/DH but it seems its a little more on the AM side. It will be interesting to see the rest of the numbers though. I am definately not ruling it out for the future.
The seat tube on a large is 19"
The proto is just a bit slacker than what is was designed to be. 65.5 is what we want to be hitting with a DH fork. 13.8 bb, 17.25 CS

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Hope they shorten the stays a tad, help overcome the docile head angle for tight stuff, even if it's not as rearward axle path as it's siblings, perhaps different bolt onn drop out options could be good for customer preferance, if they have the clearance to make the stays shorter that is.
Looks great.
Bent down tubes are to clear mega wide single crowns, not for fad, hydroforming would have to be the lightest/stiffest soloution.
Well done again fellas.
Tapered head tube? Looks it, way to go.

Last edited:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
The seat tube on a large is 19"
The proto is just a bit slacker than what is was designed to be. 65.5 is what we want to be hitting with a DH fork. 13.8 bb, 17.25 CS
Thanks for the details lance

I tend to prefer 17 to 18 inch max for a freeride/bighit bike but i guess this isn't what the bike was intended for.

It does look nice though. When chris gets back ill have to give his a try.