Quantcast

cannondale judge 1 or turner dhr?

aniki123

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
yes i am trying to. this is my 3rd year racing and i am looking into a sponsorship with cannondale that is way i might want to get familiur with there dh rig.
(sorry my spelling is horrible)

aniki123

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
haha thanks i recently demoed each one at highland bike park but only got one run on each. i liked the way the dhr cornerd but i like the judge for the more techy stuff. also if anybody has demo'ed either bike can you tell me the pro's and con's of each?
thank

Mikey_C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
man the c-dale bashing never stops! Its really a matter of personal preference and riding style with any bike. You can get all the opinions you want but they are just that, opinions(with obvious bias). Turner and c-dale both make a great dh rig but do so in different ways. If you did have a run on each, what was the part of the run you were the elast confident and was there a bike that stood out to you? One run isnt enough really b/c it takes many runs to tune the bike to your riding perferences.

I think i just convinced myself that neither bike is better in this post! Guess my point is what felt better to u??

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
haha thanks i recently demoed each one at highland bike park but only got one run on each. i liked the way the dhr cornerd but i like the judge for the more techy stuff. also if anybody has demo'ed either bike can you tell me the pro's and con's of each?
thank
Testing a DH race bike at Highland is like testing a Ferrari at a demolition derby.

That being said I plan on selling my 06 DHR for an 08 next summer.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
yes i am trying to. this is my 3rd year racing and i am looking into a sponsorship with cannondale that is way i might want to get familiur with there dh rig.
(sorry my spelling is horrible)
DHR brah!

They are both WC level bikes take the best sponsorship deal............90% rider 10% bike
That being said if you are getting roughly the same deal get the DHR.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I have ridden them both and they are both excellent bikes. The new DhR is quite different and very sexy. The Judge is a workhorse and very stable and excellent in the rough. There are a few things to think about here that have not been mentioned, who will give better service? parts availability? Cost? and if you are trying to start a racing relationship with a company why are you even interested in another brand? I personally have a Judge and will be renewing my bike in this 08 season.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
If it ultimately comes down to looks and lets face it, most of the time it does - get the DHR, it's a much better looking frame.

aniki123

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
If it ultimately comes down to looks and lets face it, most of the time it does - get the DHR, it's a much better looking frame.
i truly dont care how a bike looks as long as it gets me down the hil in one piece and fast.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I see lots of DHR's and have only seen Chris Van Dines CDale.
So go with a GT DHI.
or a Sunday with nuts

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
picking the judge over the dhr would be like picking a mean, crippled, fat girl, with no personality, bad manners, even badder skin/breath/crotch over a healthy, beautiful, sweet, kind, sexually vibrant girl with a great personality and a rich daddy

it just dont make sense

RumDuK

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Orange County
picking the judge over the dhr would be like picking a mean, crippled, fat girl, with no personality, bad manners, even badder skin/breath/crotch over a healthy, beautiful, sweet, kind, sexually vibrant girl with a great personality and a rich daddy

it just dont make sense
lol

what year DHr Are u getting cuz from what i demo'ed the 08 is quite different than the the one i ride (04). I guess it really depends on ur riding style, do u like to find clever lines through rocks or do u plow. Anyways i like my dhr so +1 dhr =D

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Yea, the paint job is the most important.
This just in:
Stickers are actually scientifically proven to make you go faster!
psh

Really you have to decide for yourself, dont let a bunch of keyboard jockey's tell you what bike YOUR going to ride. Test ride em both and see what you like.
But personally i like the look of the judge.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
yeah what he said is key, most people will say DHR....test ride both of them and figure out which one better suits your racing style and then buy it!