Quantcast

Cannondale Judge in action (slo-mo)

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
That's a cool section of video. You can see that his rebound is too slow on his shock.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That's a cool section of video. You can see that his rebound is too slow on his shock.
Besides the fact that I can't believe we're discussing suspension settings based on a video of somebody riding... it seems to me that his wheel was continuing to move upwards beyond the top of the bump, indicating a possible lack of compression damping moreso than an issue with rebound. However, there will always be a way to exceed the limits of what your suspension can actually do to keep the wheel on the ground, so it's not really possible to say for sure if there is a problem with his setup, and if so, what it is.

Very, very cool video anyway.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Looked to me like it just never recovered.

I can't think of a better way of getting suspension settings. I mean the whole objective of the operation is to keep your wheels on the ground and instead of getting some riders vague abstract description of what he thinks his wheel is or isn't doing, you can tell right away what needs doing over what terrain.

EDIT. Second thoughts it does come up a bit far. Did you notice how much the rear wheel was wobbling around. Bloody hell you forget just what a flexy piece of string bikes are.

Last edited:

Infantry

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
did anyone put into consideration that his rear brake is locked up while mobbing through that rough section. that will definatley have an affect on how the suspension performs. not to discredit others opinions:cheers:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I would love to see the comparison between that and the same bike equipped with the floater. Would be neat to see the real world difference.