Quantcast

Cap forest Sunday 9am

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Remember too, this is an XC ride...... Theres a couple of doozies for climbing..... one about 30-40 minutes....
So what are you saying?

Uh....nice avatar.....reminds me of the 80's

bumster22

Chimp
Nov 4, 2001
Monroe, WA
oly said:
Gonna repeat last sundays ride. Any seattle monks wanna join the fun? Weathers supposed to be nice. .........
Time and meeting place. I Would love to squeeze in a ride before the snow moves in. I am so out of shape. Need to be back on the saddle. We'll see if I still know how to ride my bike :p

Put too much money into my car. :mumble: And had to drive my car all summer long with a bunch of gasoline head to justify all the money that I put into the car. :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Okay...I'm in :p Anyone want to carpool down?
Snacks PM me if you have room for one more from this end. If not I think I'm in anyway, been wanting to ride anything in Cap for a long time. Never been there yet. Sounds like the right time.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
i-5 south past oly. Take the littlerock exit (#95). go straight over tracks and keep on that road till you reach littlerock. As the stop sighn go straight. The chevron is on the right just up the road, Meet there. Plan to be there NO LATER, than 8:45. Plan 1.5 hrs from seattle.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
derekpearson said:
capitol forest is dumb on sundays
haha i'm thinking of going Saturday too but that would be unprecedented. Two cap trips on consecutive days. i don't think it's ever been done before, and i fear i just don't have it in me.....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Hope you all have fun. The Mutoli's are out! We have training up at Steven's this weekend.. :angry:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
Snacks PM me if you have room for one more from this end. If not I think I'm in anyway, been wanting to ride anything in Cap for a long time. Never been there yet. Sounds like the right time.
Lemme see if I can get the white truck from Kevin that day, if so I'll have room for all.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Skookum said:
haha i'm thinking of going Saturday too but that would be unprecedented. Two cap trips on consecutive days. i don't think it's ever been done before, and i fear i just don't have it in me.....
its been done before brother. I hit 4 days in a row last summer out there... You wanna go with a bunch of goons on sunday or with your ol pal derwiq on saturday? doesnt seem like much of a choice to me??
:redX:

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I would love to go too. Anyone have room for another? I don't think I will have my car this weekend.

If is it 30-40 of really tough climb or could i grunt it out with a larger type rig?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
66 said:
I would love to go too. Anyone have room for another? I don't think I will have my car this weekend.

If is it 30-40 of really tough climb or could i grunt it out with a larger type rig?
You may be able to grunt it out. Its pretty dang long though. you thinking of the PDC?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
oly said:
You may be able to grunt it out. Its pretty dang long though. you thinking of the PDC?
maybe. Probably not. maybe the HT which pedals about as well (bad pedaling for a HT, DH rig pedals quite nice). maybe i will get the Heckler for the day. hard to say. The PDC is new and i have barely ridden it. It's tempting.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm probably working saturday so Sunday for sure. 30 to 40 minute climb? meh big deal, i'll bring a rope and tow you guys up.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I've been able to get the truck from Kevin on Sunday so I have room for myself plus 4. So far it's BYO, and Skookum. 66 and evil.....you still want to hitch a ride down?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Snacks said:
I've been able to get the truck from Kevin on Sunday so I have room for myself plus 4. So far it's BYO, and Skookum. 66 and evil.....you still want to hitch a ride down?
Thanks Snacks, I'm in.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
oly said:
Goons? Ok thats the last time i help you... an i was just getting ready to buy a hat too.....
youre too late. It sold and is headed to ohio of all places. I gotta take that paypal link down aha/

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
derekpearson said:
youre too late. It sold and is headed to ohio of all places. I gotta take that paypal link down aha/
DERRIQUEAMOSLAFERRAGAMO
sorry i'm gonna work on Saturday for sure (i think). i'm kinda bummed not being able to ride with you Jonny, and Rob..... :(
hope you guys have a great ride out there, stop and scoop all the horse poop out of the way for us riders shuttling on the next day. We'll call that trail work for a noble cause.

bumster22 said:
Skookum,

I'll be there. I'll meet the group at Chevron in big town of Little Rock. See you all there.
Hooray! :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
derekpearson said:
thats just dumb
no it's dum. there's a difference. besides i still have hospital bills to pay. :nuts:
Can you believe a broken leg cost's over 30 grand? Good thing i have good insurance but still it cost me $$$$$$$$$.
*i'm still laughin about the time i asked you if you have ringing in your ear from them concerts you've been goin to, and you replied that you don't hear ringing but hear empty trash cans falling down the stairs*
what am i talking about again?.......

Snacks said:
Who is this Bumster22 person, and why is he cool? :)
Cuz we climbed Corral Pass in the cold rain, rode thru the blustery windy cold ass snow, and descended a muddy rainy mucky Ranger Creek trail, never complained once, and was stoked to be riding. That folks is true grit and character. :)