Quantcast

cap forest tomorrow morning (5/1)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
SR and I are doing the cap shuttletomorrow. Riding the DH bikes from the towers down #30... I have to be back by noon so its gonna be a fast ride. Any olympians wanna join?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i wanna do that "secret" ride there one more time before spring melts off all the snow and i spend all my time up in the Cascades. Make it happen D. :)

Mitzel123

Crash Test Dummy
Feb 9, 2002
when and where? i have to be in bellevue by 3 would it be a possibility for me to make it out there? ive never done this ride and kinda wanna ride somewhere new

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
we meet at the middle waddel event parking lot at 9am. It's the $5 shuttle that the Peak bike shop runs. We're doing the quickest trail down so we'll be done pretty early.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Mitzel123 said:
when and where? i have to be in bellevue by 3 would it be a possibility for me to make it out there? ive never done this ride and kinda wanna ride somewhere new
Mitz, i'd save this one for a time when we can get the whole team together. They will run the shuttles if we pre arrange it off schedule...meaning not at 9am, and maybe more than once.... 99% of the seattle people i know dont like to get up that early to be down here in time.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
Mitz, i'd save this one for a time when we can get the whole team together. They will run the shuttles if we pre arrange it off schedule...meaning not at 9am, and maybe more than once.... 99% of the seattle people i know dont like to get up that early to be down here in time.
That's because we stay up too late. :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
i wanna do that "secret" ride there one more time before spring melts off all the snow and i spend all my time up in the Cascades. Make it happen D. :)
Theres no "secret" rides out there..... ahaha. i'd liek to take the real long one next time......

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
One of these days my bike isnt going to be giving me shiit and I will do this ride. I need a new cassete and derailleur. I have been glad to be back at the course at my place with the weather finally cooperating.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Theres no "secret" rides out there..... ahaha. i'd liek to take the real long one next time......
Ya D. Kevin and I want to do the 'non' secret ride out there again :think: Come on, make it happen :devil:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
SR said:
we meet at the middle waddel event parking lot at 9am. It's the $5 shuttle that the Peak bike shop runs. We're doing the quickest trail down so we'll be done pretty early.
Have you guys heard anything if Peak is going to do the Over the Top Race again?. It was arguabley the most difficult mountain bike race in the state which attracted a very thin race crowd but some of the best riders. I rode my HT up and down :) The downhill definitely calls out for a plush ride.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borregokid said:
Have you guys heard anything if Peak is going to do the Over the Top Race again?. It was arguabley the most difficult mountain bike race in the state which attracted a very thin race crowd but some of the best riders. I rode my HT up and down :) The downhill definitely calls out for a plush ride.
I think they still plan the races.... i know that they were working in the forest to build brownie points with the DNR....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We were going to hit the 16 mile trail Sunday...forget what it's called...then realized it was pretty wet still. Lots and lots of puddles/soupfest with the clay dirt. So, we cut out about 1/3 into it and hit the moto trail the rest of the way down. It was fun, but can't wait to go when it's dryer out. Plus, I was hoping to get a longer xc ride in. Oh well. :rolleyes: Peak to Creak is always fun!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
3:27 am?? up late? or early??
Eh, my parents keep their house hella warm at night and makes it hard to sleep :rolleyes: Must me an 'age' thing.

I guess I'll get up and go for a ride this morning :p

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
was good times! almost perfect dirt... still a few puddles, but overall had dried well. The motor crew had also done some trail work to drain the bad spots.

too bad it wasnt so good for your ride.... you guys need to join us when we do the peak to porter ride some time this summmer.... hopefully before it gets too dry/hot out.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
oly said:
was good times! almost perfect dirt... still a few puddles, but overall had dried well. The motor crew had also done some trail work to drain the bad spots.

too bad it wasnt so good for your ride.... you guys need to join us when we do the peak to porter ride some time this summmer.... hopefully before it gets too dry/hot out.
Yeah,
We still had fun...Our bikes were soooooo muddy! It isn't easy to get the clay mud off either :think: I would really like to hit the moto trail on a dry day...There are some sweet burms you can rail...However, I had to focus on staying out of the ruts since the mud just sucked me down into them! Having almost super slicks on my xc bike didn't help matters! :angry: