Quantcast

Capitol Forest, FOCF MTB POKER Saturday April 14th!

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
Bring your trail bike and your lucky rabbits foot and try your luck at a mountain bike poker run. This Saturday April the 14th registration will open at 8-ish at Fall Creek parking area for the season opener of the 5 event FOCF Capitol Forest benefit mtb race series.

This is a non competitive event on a course where participants get to grind through the Valley of Death surrounded by ancient conifers. You will draw 5 cards throughout the course and the best hands will be awarded prizes at the end. The final 2 miles of this course is a ripping decent with spectacular views.

This event as well as all 07' FOCF events and FOCF work parties enter you into a raffle for a Diamond Back Mission 3 trail bike, $2900 value! The bike raffle will be held at the final event in September.

FOCF work party attendees get a $10 entry fee discount and IMBA members will get an additional $2 off as well!!! (a great excuse to join IMBA if you haven't already)

100% of the proceeds benefit Capitol Forest!!!!

Event info:
http://www.capitolforest.com/racesFOCF07.html

IMBA:
www.imba.com

Bring your Goretex!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
what kind of license will peeps need to race these events? also, any discount for racing the whole series?

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
No license required. Discounts are for helping the mtb cause like attending a FOCF trail work party or joining IMBA. If you attend the whole series and kick ass you could walk away with a custom cnc'd KING of the mountain belt buckle, or win a new bike in the raffle.

Check out the web page for more info.

Thanks and hope to see you there.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I might be down for this.... I heard about it awhile ago.
It says event will be limited to # of people.... I didnt pre register, but if I show up tomorrow at 9 Ish, I wont be turned away, correct?