Quantcast

Capitol Forest Kona Demo

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
On August 13th The Bike Stand and Olympic Outfitters are hosting a Kona demo in Capitol Forest.

The exact location in the forest is yet unknown, but I'll update this post when more specific information comes into focus.

The demo is Free and open to the public, and we are more than happy to accomodate everyone we can. We would however appreciate if all participants could provide their own helmets and pads (so you don't have to use our smelly loaners). All you need to do to ride a new Kona is lend us your driver's liscence and credit card while you have the bike.

We hope to be showcasing the best of kona's current line including some new introductions for 2006.

In addition; Myself and fellow Bike Stand mechanic and ridemonkey 'pangeist' will likely be running a free shuttle service to capitol peak, and leading runs throughout the forest. I cant' make any guarentees as of yet.

If you think you might be able to make it, please drop a post that includes what kind and size of Kona you might be interested in riding, so I can get a general idea of what to be providing.

so, If you live in the olympia area, please swing by, and have a spin on a kona.

Spread the word.

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
good start, but just one? If anyone is even remotely interested, please leave a post, there is zero obligation here, I'm just trying to get a notion for who wants what, and how much of it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I might be able to take a few pedals that day since it falls on one of my free weekends. Will you have any FR/DH bikes? THats what i'd be most intrested in... #30 runs? I tend to ride mediums.

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
oly said:
Will you have any FR/DH bikes? THats what i'd be most intrested in... #30 runs?

We sincerely hope that our rep. will be able to provide some FR/ DH bikes, if not we will be sincerely upset. And trail #30 runs are highly likely.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Hey all,

Well after a dinner with the Kona rep we found out they are kinda slackin and we will be getting only a few bikes maybe 3 new ones and what we have already. And none are 06's. We will go ahead with this demo and host another one later to showcase some of the 06 models. Please still come out so we can get to know some local(or not so local) faces and try a ride with us.

Jun 18, 2004
If the new '06 stinky proto will be there then I'm in for sure... (it's the frame re-design)... I've seen it up at Whistler... (maybe 2nd demo?)

wardo

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Chehalis, WA
It depends on my sons soccer tournament. If they do well, I'm in Seattle on Sunday, otherwise I'd love to try whatever is available (and fits).

Niall

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Olympia, WA
I know this is a pretty late announcement to be making, but the demo has been bumped back to Saturday September 3rd. This is due to new permit regulations in the forest, we were recently informed that in order to host an event with an expected attendance of 20 or more persons, we would first need to obtain a permit, so now that we have that arranged we will now, definately be holding the demo on SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3RD AT MIDDEL WADDELL CAMPGROUND. the upside to the setback is that we will have more time to prepare, and will probably have more and newer demo bikes to offer.
I'm terrible sorry for the inconvenience of the late announcement, but I will look foreward to seeing some riders on the 3rd.
any further question can be shot at this post, or you can call them into the shop at (360) 943-1997 for an immediate response.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
If it's bumped back I'll commit to going, Julie and I want to ride Capitol this year anyway. I'm interested in FR bikes, specifically the '06 new stinky frames, and would like to ride whatever size fits someone 6'2" with a 32" inseam. I know they run small, but I'm already saving up for either the primo or the stinky-d, I just need to seal the deal with a test ride!. Julie would be into checking out the king kikapu in a 14-15" size.

wardo

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Chehalis, WA
9/3 is on labor day weekend, and a lot of riders will be hitting the Capitol Forest for "epic" long rides on the last weekend of summer. Perhaps the Kona Rep should arrange for a few more bikes as it may be a bit of a wait for the test rides. If there was a shuttle service the rotation may go faster.

I definitely plan on showing up.

Wardo