Quantcast

Car and Bike shoot!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sweet fairing!
Thanks! Its hella sweet!

And are you talking about getting a ticket for the euro plates when you say 'get popped'? If so, its only a $10 fix it or some sweet talking about a photo shoot, how my plates are in the trunk with a screw driver, and how I would be happy to put them back on in front of the officer. =]

Who knows, I have had them both on for a month now. I have even driven by multiple cops too. The key is to not care.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Thanks! Its hella sweet!

And are you talking about getting a ticket for the euro plates when you say 'get popped'? If so, its only a $10 fix it or some sweet talking about a photo shoot, how my plates are in the trunk with a screw driver, and how I would be happy to put them back on in front of the officer. =]

Who knows, I have had them both on for a month now. I have even driven by multiple cops too. The key is to not care.
I think he's talking about riding UC.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
Thanks! Its hella sweet!

fix its are now 25 per infraction my boss got popped for no front license plate and cracked windshield and it was 50 bux!!!:shocked:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
fix its are now 25 per infraction my boss got popped for no front license plate and cracked windshield and it was 50 bux!!!:shocked:
Weak. Oh well. haha I drive by another CHP at a stop sign making sure people stopped today. Made eye contact with him, turned (rear end of the car facing him), I looked (in the rear view) and he was looking at my car. Nothing. I'm not too concerned.

you must think you are condrashoff on the vid cover
Ha! I am not nearly as cool/fast as him.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Weak. Oh well. haha I drive by another CHP at a stop sign making sure people stopped today. Made eye contact with him, turned (rear end of the car facing him), I looked (in the rear view) and he was looking at my car. Nothing. I'm not too concerned.

Ha! I am not nearly as cool/fast as him.
Caitlin got pulled over yesterday by CHP for tint on the front windows of the E30...Hide Josh, THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU!!!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
SONOFA!

I will hide!

Its weird, they seem to care more about tint here in CA than most other non moving violations.
Tint is sketchy for cops. One of my police friends broke it down for me one night. If they pull someone over at night (or even during the day if the tint is dark enough), they can't see how many people are in the car or if they're doing something threatening like getting out a weapon. When they walk up to the driver's window, they have no idea what to expect and that can be a little scary. Even legal tint on back windows can get sketchy at night. Sure, you can see who is in the front, but you can't see what's going on in the back of the car.

I think it would be sort of like walking blind folded into a back yard with a really large dog. You might hear it running toward you or breathing hard or something, but you wouldn't know if it was going to bite you or lick you to death until it touches you.

If you're rocking lots of tint and you get pulled over at night or something, turn on your dome light. That way the cop can see everything in the car and probably won't be as likely to notice an illegal tint and write you a ticket.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Lucky for me I have no tint. =]

My windows have a little blue look to them sometimes. But stock all the way around. Tint is too hard to see through at night (when backing up etc). My eyesight is bad enough as is.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Lucky for me I have no tint. =]

My windows have a little blue look to them sometimes. But stock all the way around. Tint is too hard to see through at night (when backing up etc). My eyesight is bad enough as is.
Yeah, but the rest of your car is totally blacked out! That's gotta be illegal. You can't even see what color the paint is underneath! :twitch: