Quantcast

Car Brakes ?? Who Needs em!!

splat

Nam I am
Well reading about GG 's 95 subie . Well I have a 95 Subie also . and the brakes well they ahve not exactly been what I'd like . as a matter of fact yesterday they were really bad!! Pulsing and Fadding . So about a month ago I bought new rotors and pads for the front .

scary parts , 2 Rotors and 2 sets of Pads for my car are less expensive that For my Bike !!

I don't know I think I could have gotten another couple thousand miles out of them , those rotors only have a 151K on them . there's plenty left!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Adjust your rears and front wont wear out like that.... that and try not to submerge your brakes. Also looks like it was pad slapped last time, if so youll never get the expected mileage. As far as your cost, you get what you pay for, if you want good brakes, your gonna spend 40 bucks a set, that means no kragen or AZ pads, stick with Wagner or Raybestos. Rotor is a rotor though

splat

Nam I am
DirtyMike said:
Adjust your rears and front wont wear out like that.... that and try not to submerge your brakes. Also looks like it was pad slapped last time, if so youll never get the expected mileage. As far as your cost, you get what you pay for, if you want good brakes, your gonna spend 40 bucks a set, that means no kragen or AZ pads, stick with Wagner or Raybestos. Rotor is a rotor though
hmm the Pads had 80,000 miles on them , the rotors 151,000 and 11 years of New england Salty roads , your not going to stop the rust.

yeah I have been meaning to change them for about 6 months now Finally got a round to it .

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
splat said:
hmm the Pads had 80,000 miles on them , the rotors 151,000 and 11 years of New england Salty roads , your not going to stop the rust.

yeah I have been meaning to change them for about 6 months now Finally got a round to it .

The rust on the Contact area, happened from an uneven surface. Reason i know this, is because its what i do everyday, day in, day out. Beach cars are teh same way, as long as the surface is even the contact aera wont rust up, they just get stuck on your hubs, ETC. Now the rust that on teh Backing plate of the pad itself, easy fix to keep that away, Buy a pad with a non metalic backing plate, Like wagner thermoquiet's. The backing plate is actually made out of the same material as the pad itself, just Way denser. In six years of using them as my primary supply, i have had not one set of pads come back with rust on the pads, and after 11 years of brake work, with turning or replacing rotors every time, i dont see rust build up on the contact surface. Being from the salty area, i would Def say spend more for your brakes, replace the rotos everytime, not for contact area problems, but due to the rust near teh center of it, that way you also eliminate future vinrations.