Quantcast

Carbon Forks

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
get a 1" threadless and a Look HSC 3/4/5 :drool: but they might not be bladded enough for what you want.

I ordered a 1" threadless Chris King headset and an HSC 3 through work, I cant wait until I get it, it will be my first threadless hs/fork on a road bike. :drool:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
According to QBP, Kinesis and Profile Design makes carbon forks (with cro-mo and alu steerers, respectively).

I like the Profile Design. I had a fork of theirs and it held up. No option on carbon steerers. You have go metal if you want to go threaded.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
CChase86 said:
If my headtube has a 1" threaded headset can I convert that to a 1" threadless? I guess it seems like I could but I don't know the details. I'm primarily an MTB'er and I only know of 1 1/8" threadless and 1.5" threadless really...
If you have a threaded King, just get a top cap for a threadless. If you don't already have a King, get a threadless King. It costs a bloody fortune, but it'll be the last part to die on your bike.
Carbon forks w/ carbon steerers are swell, but not the strongest things in the world. I think everyone makes a full carbon 1" fork for the threadless. For threaded, you'll have to go w/ something other than carbon steerer. They're a bit more difficult to find tho which is why I suggested you go threadless.

splat

Nam I am
bigevilgrape said:
i strongly belive that threadless needs to make a comeback. I <3 my threadless stem.
needs to make a come back ?????????????

What size is you frame ( or how much steerer tube do you need ) I have a Kestrel CF fork That I got for my Wife's bike and she didn't like it , she prefered the feel of steel . so I'm sure we could make a deal