Quantcast

carbon transition tr

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Ya my packet doesnt say a thing about it. No info has been leaked about a Carbon TR it would be nice if they went carbon. It possible, but highly unlikely, if dealers doint have the info
We didn't received any news from Sam regarding any carbon TR450. Although personally I wish it will be happen.
The 2012 TR450 will have new color and adjustable chain stay link flip.

Last edited:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Dealer info is something you don't leak to the public
It's in the pics above. On a table. At Eurobike. Not a secret.

Also, once they released the 250 with the chip and then mentioned that it was a direct replacement for the 450 it was kinda of an unstated admission that we'd see it on the fofiddy.

Was just in the shop. Did not see a carbon fiber TR450. But I DID see a carbon fi.... crap, gotta run.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
yeah no carbon TR...yet...but there will be a carbon model of atleast the covert. My guess would be once that's done, it'll goto more of the line.

I don't know how much info Kev and Kyle want leaked, but i didn't think a carbon covert was so secretive. Should be stunning...the solidworks draft looks stunning so far

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Dealer info is something you don't leak to the public
What's in the water over there in jersey that makes people think they are special?

by the time you get the "dealer" info over at your shop, all the pricing and pictures or info are available online via a google search, and anyone with any retail experience or having a friend with it knows roughly what dealer cost, pricing, and mark up is. it really isn't anything special

lots of companies won't list products in their dealer catalogue so that they can book and sell remaining stock, if there is in fact a carbon tr planned for a release i would expect spring 2012 with maybe a January preview with products hitting the stores for may or june 2012. that way they can clear some of their remaining stock at still a relatively good margin, and have all the carbon fan boys drooling come February.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
So this thread veered off track, crashed, and burned. And over such a ridiculously lame ego-centric penis size stand-off.
In this day of Ebay and interweb dealings, MOST dealers are still just the neanderthal thinking he's the only one holding the fire. Haha...or in this case, the wheel!
Y'all needs ta get over yerselfs. Ace Hardware sells friggin bikes in my old village, it doesn't take a lightning bolt from the heavens to get a dealer license.

Now back to what we DO give a **** about. Considering how long it took SantaCruz, Evil, and a few others here to get into the CF game, and having seen what's in the TBC shop, I wouldn't get too excited about anything until after the world ends next December.
But then again...never saw the back room....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So this thread veered off track, crashed, and burned. And over such a ridiculously lame ego-centric penis size stand-off.
In this day of Ebay and interweb dealings, MOST dealers are still just the neanderthal thinking he's the only one holding the fire. Haha...or in this case, the wheel!
Y'all needs ta get over yerselfs. Ace Hardware sells friggin bikes in my old village, it doesn't take a lightning bolt from the heavens to get a dealer license.

But then again...never saw the back room....