Quantcast

Carbon V10 - vertical play in rear end

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
By any chance are these the same people you're talking to that used to say the v10 also had an S shaped axle path? :)

The only effect a high leverage ratio would have is if the spring is compressing with minimal pressure, giving the feeling of loose bearings.

If there is movement in the rear end and the spring/shock is not compressing there is something wrong.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You call it "play", but it sounds like your shock is just extending a bit beyond ordinary top out. That is quite different from the kind of linkage slop that some people are freaking out about here, and it's probably the shock, not the frame, and nothing to worry about. What shock are you using? Have you tried a different shock? Do you feel it on the trail?

knax

Chimp
Nov 1, 2004
germany
You call it "play", but it sounds like your shock is just extending a bit beyond ordinary top out. That is quite different from the kind of linkage slop that some people are freaking out about here, and it's probably the shock, not the frame, and nothing to worry about. What shock are you using? Have you tried a different shock? Do you feel it on the trail?
I'm using a RC4, have not yet tried putting a different shock on the bike, as I have no other 240mm shock sitting around here. Might try the 222mm Vivid from the other bike...
However, the movement does not come from the shock, it is fully extended and nothing is moving or extending any further when lifting the bike. Also, I would not describe it as play in the sense of something is loose or wobbling around, it is more some sort of flex or movement that seems to be coming from the top link rotating/moving a bit further.

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Concerned because your frame/shock doesnt top out?

There is no flex anywhere in the V10c that cant be found 2x moreso on any other frame. It is ridiculously plush, active, responsive, and fantactically well designed, if you're finding flaws, you're imagining them.

Get over it, ride and win, or go get a clunky rattling M9 and worry about misdesigned links and failed tolerances ( MADE IN USA, HUZZAH! )

lmfao,

m9 makes most noise from its housings slapping the metal.

housing slapping carbon=way less noise+internal routing=no noise

my m9 makes noise cause the rear end is piss loose cause I still havn't gotten a warrenty box link.

atleast they can make a dropout system that doesn't unloosen itself.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
So you rip on Asian QC then in the next post admit that your Intense, with it's long and proud history of fvck-awful American QC, requires warranty work due to said poor American QC.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
doesn't need warrenty work.

All it needs is a new link with shorter bolts to tighten up the rear end.Wich no one is hiding loool everyone has this ishue.

Atleast my swingarm hasn't fallen off in the air,yet.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I guess thats wat you get for the use of proto bikes and diff links on the team thats testing em.