Quantcast

Cartridge Marz 888

dr jekyll

Chimp
Dec 6, 2009
Wonder if it is same comp cartrigde in rc 05 and rc2x 06? The topcap is diffrent 4 sure so dont bother to comment that ..:D

And when iam out in misson is the green springs x-firm?? and plain steel medium?

//svein

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hence the RC2 name, RC2 is the "second" iteration of their rebound/compression adjustable system. It's not the same. The 05 chassi is also VERY different than the 06 chassi.

dr jekyll

Chimp
Dec 6, 2009
is it 4 a fact or do we guess?? Are the color 4 sure projekt???
I wonder because i saw the comp cart on crc and it says 05-06 and the rc2x was in 06 first ..

//svein

Muerto

Chimp
Oct 30, 2009
Sweden
The RC2X layout is end stroke compression in the left leg (X) and rebound and low speed compression in the right leg (RC2).

I guess the RC has compression in the left leg and rebound in the right leg? (Or the other way around). Either way the cartridges aren't the same. Hence the 2X in RC2X as opposed to just RC...

Regarding springs I have no idea, I just kept the stock springs - which in my 06 RC2X are plain grey/metal.

dr jekyll

Chimp
Dec 6, 2009
I know 4 sure tomoz then i have the 2 diffrent fork in my hand and will do it apart and trow all part in a box then i will think some and have a good whiskey and build a nice fork of them ;) R ya sure that green 06 is soft spring???? 2,7k and not old x-firm???

//svein

dr jekyll

Chimp
Dec 6, 2009
Thx redman..
I know 4 sure now ;) But my friends ive did anyway a hybrid fork out of my rc 05.
So now i got the rebound x unit with the preload and low speed adjuster.

And in my comp unit its half rc 05 (cartridge) and the other half is the preload from the rc2x. So this will be intressing i also close the little hole in cartrigde 4 the flow in the first inch of travel , so hopefully it dom dive so much when brake.

// svein