Quantcast

Cashier Blunders: Do you pay for their mistake?

Which option?

• Go back in and pay for the item.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Load it up and leave.

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Post a thread on RM about it before making decision.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Pepe Locos

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
It's only happened once. I got a pair of Outdoor Research Expedition Mitts (around $130) at REI and didn't really look at the register total. After driving forty five minutes to get home I realized that they hadn't charged me for them. I probably should have gone back, but really didn't want to spend another two hours driving there and back and waiting in line at customer service, so I didn't.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Go back and pay, no receipt no warranty. Screw Kharma, its just the right thing to do, what if you owned a small store and your emp did something like that. Integrity is everything, if you dont have that, you dont have anything.

It is stealing, taking merchandize without paying is a crime, now if it shows on the receipt, and it came up much lower than marked, or even zero, thats different. Its now Purchased.

R

rofovnifo

Hi all!

Looks good! Very useful, good stuff. Good resources here. Thanks much!

Bye

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
after Kayaking Saturday, I went to the place next door & ordered a beer and when i went to pay I was told its a open bar (it was obvious there was some sort of private party going on).....what would you have done?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
after Kayaking Saturday, I went to the place next door & ordered a beer and when i went to pay I was told its a open bar (it was obvious there was some sort of private party going on).....what would you have done?
Ordered something better than beer in the first place.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Look at the flip side, if you had left the store and then realized they accidentally double swiped the item and charged you twice for the same $50-100 item, I bet not a one of us would say "Oh well, you win some you lose some." I for one would know I'd be storming right back in there to pitch a royal fit.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
The last time I was undercharged was at Lowes when I bought 3 small carpets stacked on top of each other. The apathetic worker scanned the top one and then continued to snap her gum and flirt with the cashier next to her. I wrote that off in my mind as the Karma-dumbass-discount, took my free goods and left.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The last time I was undercharged was at Lowes when I bought 3 small carpets stacked on top of each other. The apathetic worker scanned the top one and then continued to snap her gum and flirt with the cashier next to her. I wrote that off in my mind as the Karma-dumbass-discount, took my free goods and left.
I'm pretty sure that karma doesn't work like that.....

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
karma's for people who need a reason to do the right thing.

exactly....I view karma as selfishness...people claim to do the right thing because they're afraid something bad will come back to them...instead of doing the right thing because it's what should be done...D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ordered a couple bottles of patron...

Status
Not open for further replies.