Quantcast

cat loves my bike

pimpwiser

Chimp
Mar 29, 2008
I have been having a few issues with my cats clawing at my tires sharpening their claws for their pleasure. I have had a total of 3 tires destroyed so far. I currently have just regular trail riding tires on my bike.

I do need some DH tires for front and rear. I have looked at a few DH tires already (2.1 size is what I need). Which brand would you guys recommend? weight is not an issue.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
simple solution here

-leave your bicycle out in your living room
-hide behind a couch or other object
-wait for you cat to come up on the bicycle
-aim carefully with a full auto paintball gun full of re-balls
-pull the trigger and hold
-problem solved

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
I have been having a few issues with my cats clawing at my tires sharpening their claws for their pleasure. I have had a total of 3 tires destroyed so far. I currently have just regular trail riding tires on my bike.

I do need some DH tires for front and rear. I have looked at a few DH tires already (2.1 size is what I need). Which brand would you guys recommend? weight is not an issue.
Put about 90 lbs in your tires, the cats will only claw them apart once..:weee:
You may have a mess to clean up though..

pimpwiser

Chimp
Mar 29, 2008
But my family loves the cats :P

Would something like old spice or axe spray work as well? I will try the orange peel and glue.
My dad would have a cow about hanging my bike, he is impossible with decisions. LOL

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Review the literature on feral cat eradication and see which method works best in practice...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
is it still the GF you described as not the brightest bulb?
must be so, 'cause if she likes the stench of old spice.... :)

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
oh yeah?!! one of mine pisses on my tires...i guess that's better than clawing them apart though, they're still usable. they just smell. those cats of yours must have some sharp claws! what kind are they? like bobcats or something?

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Put about 90 lbs in your tires, the cats will only claw them apart once..:weee:
You may have a mess to clean up though..
Works like a charm...my cat clawed the tire of my new road bike which was at well over 100psi. When that sucker went it sounded like a bomb going off, needless to say they don't go near my tires anymore:thumb:

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
my catz love my bikes, especially when I've been out riding in the woods and come back with mud or dust on the bike, must smell interesting to them

here is my kitty with my bmx

no idea about your tires, sorry!

pimpwiser

Chimp
Mar 29, 2008
Their claws are sharp, always have to wear protection when playing with them. They are just abnormal house cats.