Quantcast

CD Review-Gov't Mule- Deja Voodoo.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.

Just came out yesterday. I got addicted to the cd with the first track. It's just good rock, definately has their own sound. This is obviously my first Gov't Mule cd, I can now say that I will get the others now.

Track Listing:

1. Bad Man Walking
2. About To Rage
3. Perfect Shelter
4. Little Toy Brain
5. Slackjaw Jezebel
6. Wine & Blood
7. Lola Leave Your Light On
8. Silent Scream
9. No Celebration
10. Mr. Man
11. Separate Reality
12. New World Blues

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Not bad, just got it myself. Only had one listen while I was working on the computer. I like the Mule, but it's nothing different than most of their other stuff. Not saying that is bad, just right in line with what I expected.

Go see them live though, they put on a great show that is definitely worth the money.

I really like the Deep End, Vol. 1 - lots of good guest players on that. Still need to get vol. 2. A couple of my favorites on there are "Down & Out In New York City" with Flea and "Effigy" with Mike Watt.

Honestly though, if you are looking to fill out your collection, it's hard to make a bad choice with any of their albums (OK, CDs - maybe I'm showing my age!)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm going to pick this up today for sure (along with Yonder Mountain String Band's - Mtn. Tracks Vol. 3)!! Deep End Vol. I&II are both great!! Soulshine, although overplayed, is a fabulous song. Also check out the DVD, "Rising Low" that was filmed and produced by mike Gordon of Phish.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'm not a huge fan of old school sounding rock... but GOv't mule is tight, no question bout that.

With regard to the dude that said he was into YMSB... have you caught the acoustic planet tour yet? If not you should! Keller, YMSB, and Bella. Non stop music and jamming, no set breaks etc etc... whenone of the bands needs a break another band will come out and jam with them and eventually the band that needs a break just files out and its the other bands show from that point forth.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
golgiaparatus said:
I'm not a huge fan of old school sounding rock... but GOv't mule is tight, no question bout that.

With regard to the dude that said he was into YMSB... have you caught the acoustic planet tour yet? If not you should! Keller, YMSB, and Bella. Non stop music and jamming, no set breaks etc etc... whenone of the bands needs a break another band will come out and jam with them and eventually the band that needs a break just files out and its the other bands show from that point forth.
I have not been able to see the Acoustic Planet Tour, although I have seen Bela', YMSB and Keller all on seperate occasions. In fact, I"ll be seeing them all seperately over the next 3 months! :thumb: