Quantcast

cell usage limits?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
My girl's cell phone was deactivated today until she called Sprint (read: idiots) and asked what's up.

TOS said:
Account Spending Limit & Deposits. We may impose an account spending limit ("ASL") on any account without notice. An ASL should not be relied on to manage usage on your account. We may suspend an account without prior notice when the account balance reaches the ASL, even if the account is not past due.
That's correct, suspend, even if not past due??

She has her cell phone directly paid from her bank account automatically. She's in outside sales, so her phone is her only link to clients and she happened to go substantially over her 2000 minute plan this month. (putting her to about $125 for the month)

Yeah, that's what I said, "2000 minutes?"

The people at Sprint said they couldn't do anything about it, told her to watch her usage... even when she re-iterated that it's her business phone and that she's never late on payment since it's auto.

I suspect I'm just ranting at the stupidity of Sprint.

Has this happened to anyone?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
One of the many reasons I no longer use Sprint. I've switched to Verizon, and because most of my freinds and half the people I do buiseness with use Verizon most of my calls are free. The rest cost like $75/month for my 1500 minutes.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
maxyedor said:
One of the many reasons I no longer use Sprint. I've switched to Verizon, and because most of my freinds and half the people I do buiseness with use Verizon most of my calls are free. The rest cost like $75/month for my 1500 minutes.

Yep! Everyone I know is "IN", and the others can burn up my 600 minutes

FARQ

Chimp
Jul 6, 2006
In my Head
Do you have a lot of dropped calls? I have Nextel right now and they just got bought by Sprint. I hope idon't have to deal with any of that bullSh!t. They've been good so far. I hope Sprint doesn't go and Fvck it all up.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Personally I wouldn't be suprised if any and all telephone companies do this. Douchbaggery & Telecommunications are life partners.

<-- Has worked for multiple telecom companies.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
LordOpie said:
My girl's cell phone was deactivated today until she called Sprint (read: idiots) and asked what's up.

That's correct, suspend, even if not past due??

She has her cell phone directly paid from her bank account automatically. She's in outside sales, so her phone is her only link to clients and she happened to go substantially over her 2000 minute plan this month. (putting her to about $125 for the month)
"

The people at Sprint said they couldn't do anything about it, told her to watch her usage... even when she re-iterated that it's her business phone and that she's never late on payment since it's auto.

I suspect I'm just ranting at the stupidity of Sprint.
Never heard of this, but it does sound STUNNINGLY STUPID! Even if the first flunky you talked with couldn't override it, certainly a supervisor should be able to. Never mind the minutes; $125 a month just doesn't sound like a lot for a business phone, and if there are no issues with late payments, this is just mindless on their part.

FARQ

Chimp
Jul 6, 2006
In my Head
Yeah, my girl ran up a bill one month like $300. Well she had to cancel it because she couldn't pay it and they got her with the "contract" and it ended up costing her close to $2000 bucks when all was said and done. Ruthless.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeez. My dad gifted my sister with a cell phone and AT&T let her almost triple her monthly allowed minutes, costing my dad a small fortune before her terminated the plan.

I've actually never heard of a cell phone company shutting off the phone unless the customer actually doesn't pay them.